Should the Hoverboard be a weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !PaRaNoiD! View Post
    The grapple hook that latches on to vehicles was able to decapitate enemies, but in the end Epic took it out because they would see two players approach each other on foot and as soon they got in range they would both jump on their hoverboards and try to decapitate each other.
    I'd love to have someone try that on me. I'd mow them off their hoverboard with some easy aim weapon and donate a couple of rockets before they recover. I don't see the problem. Would have been a cool feature.

Comment

EPIC tried it. They didn't like it. They took it back out. I'm OK with that.

Comment

I found this part of the official wallpaper amusing...

IMAGE LINK

Perhaps we might see support of Hoverboard shooting from Epic in the form of a mutator...

Comment

Grapple beam?

Comment

First thing I'm going to do in UT3 is make Ninja Turtle models, then put them on hoverboards and have them skate up a river doing stunts and add the sewer level music from TMNT on Super Nintendo.

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Comment

I read somewhere that at one time it could be used as a weapon. Perhaps decapitations but people where walking up to each other and then jumping on their boards and taking each others heads off. So they got rid of it. Did anybody else remember reading that?

Comment

I've heard mention of it, iron, but maybe not from official sources.

Comment

simply no... that would just be gay

Comment

Hoover board shouldn't be a weapon. I think they ripped the idea from Jak 3 which made really good use of the hoover board since it had very large open areas and and similarly to Jak 3 in UT3 you can simply get off the hooverboard quickly and select a weapon...

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                      Grapple beam?
                      Grapple beam.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                        I read somewhere that at one time it could be used as a weapon. Perhaps decapitations but people where walking up to each other and then jumping on their boards and taking each others heads off. So they got rid of it. Did anybody else remember reading that?
                        Yes i do, which is why im suprised this thread exists - guess people missed that info. I cant be bothered to look it up but they basically said that earlier in development they made it so you could kill people with the hoverboard. However this lead to people switching to the HB when they met, both trying to chop the others heads off and not fight. Seeing as the whole point of the HB was to get INTO the action and not be used in the action itself, they scrapped this idea.

However as Boksha just reminded me, i think the grapple beam can be used to saber people in two.

Comment

Mark Rein did actually say that in an interview recently, that they got rid of that, over at gametrailers.com, think the interview was originally at 1up.com but i thought they might have changed their minds or something.... but i can still see it being a mutator later, so if ppl want to chop pplz heads off, they at least could have the option to turn in on i suppose.

Comment

Well what comes to my mind is if it only takes one hit from any weapon to knock someone off his board and after falling off your board you are vulnerable because it takes a while to get back on your feet. Wouldn’t it take quit a bit of skill to actually pull of a decapitation with a hoverboard? You would either have to take your opponent by total surprise or have mad hoverboard skills to dodge the incoming fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                              However as Boksha just reminded me, i think the grapple beam can be used to saber people in two.
                              No offense but please no. Thats just one big bad idea!

We have enough weapons!

Comment

No worries. Notice the "used to".
                                IIRC some Epic guy already said most of the offensive capabilities of the board have been removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X