Should the Hoverboard be a weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the Hoverboard be a weapon?

I think it would be ok as a weapon, since only 1 point of damage knocks you off of it. I'm not sure how damage is defined though. Does it mean shield damage or health damage or both?

Intentsly

NO FOOL..

and if you get hit by anything.. no matter how small!!

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO! It's fine as it is.
      Hoverboard = Weapon = Lame!

Comment

Really

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
        NO FOOL..

and if you get hit by anything.. no matter how small!!
        If I were the one who came up with the idea, perhaps the insult would bother me. I am not, so whatever. I created this thread to get it out of another thread, that seems plagued by this discussion.

Now go play nice in the freeway, dodge-jump.. if you can. I hear it hurts if you don't dodge.

Intentsly

Comment

If people want to mod the game to allow boards in DM, make 'em so you never fall off, let you use weapons on 'em and hand out more points for a cool trick than a frag... who cares? Do like I will; don't play on those servers.

Then again, it'd be really nice if Epic made another invisible gametype like vCTF was in UT2004. One that doesn't show up until you download a map for it. Call it Race, Trix or Trials. That way all the platforming goodness can be sweeped under that heading, far from the normal gametypes.

Comment

I almost can visualize a snowboard dm race mod, where you use the boards to down a mountain with obstacles and you have to shoot your enemies to take them down and try to reach the finish line first.

The fact is that new things bring new ideas. Like the slow volume, wich is being blamed by some crying ladies (who seems dont want even to try it), but it exposes many cool things that people can do with the engine and uedit.

I hope creative modifications to the hoverboard by the community next year

Comment

Eh, make it like a Dead Rising weapon: Mostly for knock-back purposes. The actual damage done is small, but it can stop somebody from shooting at you as you pass.

Comment

I think your mom should beat you with a skate board!

My dear friend: You are playing and you are on the hover board and some guy comes, Suddenly you pick up your hover board and start hitting him on the head with it . Now don't you think that is ridiculous.

In short NO!!!

Comment

If this has anything with me talking about the hoverboard being a weapon here, I can see where the confusion comes from.
                  I didn't mean it should be a weapon in the sense that it can be used to kill someone with; I meant it would occupy a weapon slot and get selected like a weapon. (and thus be coded as a weapon)
                  That would make sense because just like a weapon, you cannot use (other) weapons while you're using it and it takes a while to switch to/from it. Plus if it can be actived by switching to it with the prev/next weapon buttons you don't need an extra key for the hoverboard.
                  It works the exact same way for the translocator.

Comment

Implementing the board as a weapon would only delay any mutators for a week at most. It would be better to implement the board in such a way that the majority understands you shouldn't be firing any weapons from it. For instance, you might have to hold a controller in both hands to pilot the thing.

Comment

Ya know, Frankenstein never scared me.

Comment

I think we should give it a whirl out of the box and see how it works. I am pretty sure it was made to get you "to the action." With that it mind, and without having played the game, I think it is probably fine.

If not, I am positive that someone will come up with 1000 different permutations for us to fool around with.

Comment

The hoverboard used to have a weapon function. The grapple hook that latches on to vehicles was able to decapitate enemies, but in the end Epic took it out because they would see two players approach each other on foot and as soon they got in range they would both jump on their hoverboards and try to decapitate each other.

Comment

"MY IMPACT HAMMER IS OUT OF GAS!!!"

*picks up hoverboard*

*WHAM*
                            *WHAM!*

"Boooom! Headshoot noob!"

Comment

Is yer name Buford?

Originally posted by B0T0X View Post
                              "MY IMPACT HAMMER IS OUT OF GAS!!!"

*picks up hoverboard*

*WHAM*
                              *WHAM!*

"Boooom! Headshoot noob!"
                              This isn't about using for hand combat, but for it to do, at least, hit damage to someone while riding it or perhaps knock them out of the way. Knocking them off an edge or something would be good too. Since one point of whatever kind of damage they're talking about, will knock you off the board, it'd better be a surpise attack.

Intentsly

Comment

Working...
                              X