2 ? about the Comic-Con Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EyeOfTheJackal View Post
    This is, quite honestly, the worst reason I have heard.
    This is, quite honestly, the worst sense of humour I have heard.

Comment

well,
      You suck!!
      You like that!?
      etc..

but, weapon hand > hidden, anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        Rockets should continually accelerate. That keeps them reasonably valid at different ranges.
        This didn't work in UT, and it didn't work for the linkgun in UT2*. It won't work for UT3.

Comment

Rockets should continually accelerate. That keeps them reasonably valid at different ranges.
          OOO my!! Thats going to be bad. You see the mind makes assumptions on where the missile/grenade would land and if you add acceleration...That would be really bad hence it makes the tasks of making assumptions extremely complicated when you add acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by doped View Post
            well,
            You suck!!
            You like that!?
            etc..

but, weapon hand > hidden, anyone??
            Well I always play with hidden weapon just to be able to see more things/ennemis. So I'll do the single player campaing with weapons but I'll hide them right after to go on multiplayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
              This didn't work in UT, and it didn't work for the linkgun in UT2*. It won't work for UT3.
              Subjective. What, according to you, is the problem?

Originally posted by durtytarget View Post
              it makes the tasks of making assumptions extremely complicated when you add acceleration.
              So you have a weapon that does not merely depend on you moving the crosshair over a specific pixel. This is odd. The usual forum response is "more skill = good", but this indicates the exact opposite.

Comment

Subjective. What, according to you, is the problem?
                Because the time it takes for the rocket to arrive at it's destination is no longer linearly dependant on distance it becomes incredibly hard to lead.
                That's a pretty big tradeoff considering it won't really make it more useful at long range.

So you have a weapon that does not merely depend on you moving the crosshair over a specific pixel. This is odd. The usual forum response is "more skill = good", but this indicates the exact opposite.
                The rocketlauncher is already harder to use than hitscan weapons. There's absolutely no reason to make it harder than it already is.

Comment

If rockets accelerate it would be more difficult to hit air rockets like on grendelkeep at the lift.
                  If a map is virtual 100m long and the rocket accelerates by 10% within 10m it'd mean it's 2,6 times as fast at the other end of the map but only 1,1 times as fast about 10 m away. So this doesn't help at all in infight (what rockets are meant for primarily) and for a longer distance it also doesn't help since it's already 98% luck. Adding acceleration will make it 99,8 % luck I don't see any sense in that since it makes rocket predicition even heavier. As boksha said: There's absolutely no reason to make it harder than it already is.

Comment

Working...
                  X