2 ? about the Comic-Con Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 ? about the Comic-Con Demo

Two questions about the Demo we played at Comic-Con.

#1) Will the hand holding the gun be different depending on your character in the final version of the game? From playing I noticed no matter what model was being used the hands/armor was the same while holding the weapons.

#2) Will each race have deferent grunts while dodging? I noticed at comic con even while using a girl, there was generic man grunt being used. It sounded great but just wanted to know if there would be more. Examples, Robot, Krall, Female, Male.......

Any info anyone has would be great. Thanks in advance.

Great job by the way to everyone at Epic who was involved in UT3. I have never been more exited about a game. If the game came exactly the way it was a Con I would still love it. Simply amazing!

remember, it was just a 'demo' build.

There were different grunt sounds in all the other UTs, so it's safe to say they will be different in UT3.

as for the hands, I don't know. but I would assume they would want to make them match the character being used. Maybe they already do, just not in that build. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemer_x_ View Post

From playing I noticed no matter what model was being used the hands/armor was the same while holding the weapons.
      really? It seemed to me all hands fitted with their character in BU videos, at least the krall and some human

Comment

Well, there were different sounding grunts in UT2K4, so why not in this game? And only having one hand model on gun would be unacceptably lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by !PaRaNoiD! View Post
          And only having one hand model on gun would be unacceptably lazy.
          yeah, it'll be like UT99 all over again

Comment

Originally posted by !PaRaNoiD! View Post
            And only having one hand model on gun would be unacceptably lazy.
            Originally posted by clogmonkey View Post
            yeah, it'll be like UT99 all over again
            What da...

You both are kidding arent you? Didnt you see Beyond Unreal's comiccon vids?

Look at this video. You can see CLEARLY that the hands holding the impact hammer and the stinger are krall hands, not human.
            If you wanna see it in hi-def, download it from here.

Comment

In UT2k4 I play with Divisor and she has male grunts when dodging

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKing View Post
                What da...

Look at this video. You can see CLEARLY that the hands holding the impact hammer and the stinger are krall hands, not human.
                I hadn't seen this before. I also noticed in that video the hand loading the Enforcer is a Krall hand for sure (its much easier to tell here as you see the palm etc, rather then the armour over the wrist like on the others). When the guy has the Shield Belt his hand glows too.

Bring on the UT99 style goodness!

Comment

EPIC, please, no different hands for different characters. !!!!!!

If you put different hands in, there would be too much complaining that this game isn't like UT from 99.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKing View Post
                    What da...

Cool, I did not see that. I noticed in my video when I'm playing ,the character is the red girl and the hands on the stinger are bulky yellowish armor.

Just observation on a unfinished game. Just wanted some feedback. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post

If you put different hands in, there would be too much complaining that this game isn't like UT from 99.
                      Epic does what epic wants

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post

What? I know people here enjoy whining incessantly about the most petty **** they can find, but I think you're taking that a little too far.

Comment

I think so far they have race-specific hands. Cause I saw yellow human hands on one of those Twin Souls (red) characters, but still Krall hands for the Krall.

Comment

I think fueg was trying to be funny but in this case it fell a little flat

Comment

yeh, sorry to see that
                              I laughed at you fueg ! you are funny !

oh and about the hand ? I couldn't care less (hidden weapons FTW !)

Comment

Working...
                              X