Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movable slow volume cubes would be hilarious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !PaRaNoiD! View Post
    What were some of those gimmicks? The only one I've heard of is Feigh Death.
    I'd like to hear some of these "gimmicks" as well. UT1 was a straight up classic shooter at the time it was released. There was not much in it that hadn't been seen before (even dodging had already been introduced in Unreal).

Comment

Originally posted by icewind View Post
      When was it ever carved in stone that chatting and performing crazy stunts is more fun than beating the opposing team with solid teamwork in a competitive match?

Stop thinking your definition of fun is more valid because it requires less effort. Casual gaming is not per definition more fun than competitive gaming.
      I'm talking to a brick wall here.

Comment

Originally posted by !PaRaNoiD! View Post
        What were some of those gimmicks? The only one I've heard of is Feigh Death.
        Trans, Facing Worlds, Jump Boots, shock combos, bouncy ripper blades, loading 6 rockets at once, nali cows, artifacts... not exactly your average shooter stuff.

Comment

I wonder how long the cube last?

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
            I wonder how long the cube last?
            untill whoever placed it dies iirc

Comment

But how on earth can you place the slow volume? Take it out of your back pocket? Drop some water on it to make it grow so big?

Comment

This slow volume thingy in this game has all but killed my interest in playing it! Hopefully Epic do the right thing and remove it!

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
                  This slow volume thingy in this game has all but killed my interest in playing it! Hopefully Epic do the right thing and remove it!
                  Or maybe you should stop judging videos and go to school and work and when the demo comes, play it, cry with happiness after seeing how good it is!

Whiners, Have you even seen much of it? Haven't you heard it's tactical/strategical use for making the game not just a hit and run or touch and run like a relay race sort of thing.

Things like these are what differentiate it from typical free for all/ capture the flag games. In this generation, Capture the flag has become so extremely common, do you even know the enormity of the situation. Thats why epic is trying to divert from the typical as well as boring form of the usual touch flag, then run to base.. then repeat... then repeat. Putting a twist can allow you to play the same map consecutively without finding it monotonous.

Comment

I am willing to try anything new, in pubs or competition. If I wanted the same old thing, I would just keep playing UT2K4. Deployables will definitely change how things like ONS/Warfare are played. IF they work, they will add a great new dimension to the game. If they don't, someone will offer a mod without them. Go UT!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
                      But how on earth can you place the slow volume? Take it out of your back pocket? Drop some water on it to make it grow so big?
                      I thought they could only be deployed by a vehicle?

Ergo - only in Warfare and vCTF.

but I could be wrong - it's been known to happen.

Comment

Well I thought one of the developers, perhaps Morris, mentioned using it around a flag in one of the interviews.

Comment

I for one am glad they removed that gimmiky shield gun and added this super useful slow volume.

Comment

I saw some vehicle deploying it. Anyone got the links to video you first see it?

Comment

I think the slow volume will be fun initially. I know I'll go mess around with it a bunch. The true test of it will be how it pans out over the course of UT3s life.

It's going to take some time for the community to establish how the volume will be used for ladder play, pubs and so forth. Only time will tell......

Comment

Originally posted by Minimaul View Post
                                It's going to take some time for the community to establish how the volume will be used for ladder play, pubs and so forth. Only time will tell......
                                Probably be dealt with like all the other gimmicky parts to UT, removed from competitive play, just like deemer in ons.

Comment

Working...
                                X