Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movable slow volume cubes would be hilarious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movable slow volume cubes would be hilarious.

Imagine if someone were stuck (or that is, slowly moving) through a cube, and you had the ability to push it around, like off the hill with your impact hammer, some other weapon, or a vehicle, if you hit it in a corner or something, now that would make some funny matches.

The slow volume is already considered too gimmicky by some, although most agree to holding off final judgment until they actually try it.

I think your idea would kind of push it a bit too far. Although, if it was a mutator, I'd certainly try it.

Comment

Yes, I understand it might not work well in "serious matches" but I play UT2k4 for fun (invasion, ballistic weapons, etc.), but I understand many compete quite often among their peers.

Comment

The rate at which it slows things is too slow IMRO. It practically stops player movements which means it's not even remotely enticing to go in the slow volume.

Comment

You're not supposed to want to go in one, as it's actually a trap.

Comment

I hope deployables wont change UT to mutch nor make it to complicated. Im not very pesimistic slow volume as a deployable, id rather see it as a part of a map.

Comment

I like anything what was showed until now and I can't wait to have the game to test it. Slow volume will be fun

Tired of "this will not work" or "that will be too bad to Unreal" or "I want that another feature/gun back" etc

Comment

UT1 was full of gimmicks compared to other shooters at the time. The other shooters caught up. It'd be nice if UT3 is once again full of gimmicks, compared to other shooters of its time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
                  Yes, I understand it might not work well in "serious matches" but I play UT2k4 for fun
                  Serious matches can't be fun?

Sorry to pick this out of your post. But I'm getting really tired of people thinking that competitive play can't be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by icewind View Post
                    Serious matches can't be fun?

Sorry to pick this out of your post. But I'm getting really tired of people thinking that competitive play can't be fun.
                    It was obvious as to what he meant.

Comment

When you're in a serious match, no one is chatting, no one is trying crazy stunts "just to say you did," etc.

Stop nitpicking.

Comment

When you're in a serious match, no one is chatting, no one is trying crazy stunts "just to say you did," etc.

Stop nitpicking.

Sirius people are uptight, I play fur luls.

Comment

Would be fun as mutator, having ability to push SV with impact hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                            UT1 was full of gimmicks compared to other shooters at the time. The other shooters caught up. It'd be nice if UT3 is once again full of gimmicks, compared to other shooters of its time.
                            What were some of those gimmicks? The only one I've heard of is Feigh Death.

Comment

Stop nitpicking.
                              When was it ever carved in stone that chatting and performing crazy stunts is more fun than beating the opposing team with solid teamwork in a competitive match?

Stop thinking your definition of fun is more valid because it requires less effort. Casual gaming is not per definition more fun than competitive gaming.

Comment

Working...
                              X