Weapons & Vehicles get 'Necrified'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons & Vehicles get 'Necrified'?

We have heard some things about maps and vehicles which change appearance when taken over by the Necris. So far there have been 2 things that lead me to believe this applies to all Axon vehicles, as well as all weapons when they are in the posession of a Necris player.

First, a recently referenced article called the Cicada a Necris vehicle - we know it is Axon by default, so it is likely they made a slip because when they saw it, it had been stolen by the Necris team.

2nd, and more convincing are screens such as this:

http://web.telia.com/~u16111558/screenshot_1090.jpg

The shock rifle is definitely textured differently than we have previously seen - the axon version is cleaner, with distinct whiteish areas. The shocks in this screenshot match the armor of the soldiers carrying them. Dirtier, and basically all around more badass. So this is kind of an answer to my previous concerns about the Enforcer and link gun textures kind of looking too wimpy and clean, I stated these things in my "UT2007 analysis" article many months ago. So nice job!

I would also surmise that weapon defaults appear Axon by default, but if a Necris drops a weapon, the model will appear Necris, so you know what team you are grabbing a weapon from if you stumble upon one.. small but nice touch

be nice if Epic could confirm this...hint hint

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
      be nice if Epic could confirm this...hint hint
      Me thinks they're going to parcel out tidbits slowly between now and November. There still needs to be some surprises after teh demo.

Comment

Working...
      X