Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Slow Volume be a sphere or eggshaped instead of cubic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U sure?

Thanks Xeno!

(hope u'r not making fun of me)

Comment

I have some really good i deas about this. First off, what happens if one of these things are layed down? Yes, i know it creates a cube like box thing that slows down time. What about a second one that is layed down right on topof it or near it? Would the intersecting parts Slow time more or (what i would prefer) would they increase the size of the original one. For Instance: Lets put it in 2D scale. We have a 8 x 8 piece of paper one of these things when expanded would take up four squares, but 2 of them would take up 5 ans so forth. If you were to lay say 5 all in one area and they were to build off of each area, i would see a much more resonable reason why this deployable exists. The reason i say this is becasue a cube that is X x X can easily be walked around but a cube that is (2,3,4,5)X x (2,3,4,5)X would be increasingly more difficult.

Does anyone know if there is a pickup that allows you to walk through these deployables if you though it down your self or if an enemy throws it. IT would be funny watching someone throw it at you, you are in it and they expect you to be considerably slower but you are stilling going just as fast. This would be an advantagoues decoy and could be used defensively as well. I just think this would be funny.

Does anyone know if these things can attach to vehicles, it would be nice to lay one on a vehicle and as soon as you see an enemy get in it, allow the cube to come out and that way no matter where he drives he is slow, and if he tryies to get out, you blow him up, lol. Anyways this is a few of my questions/comments you will hear from me again.

Comment

There is only a maximum of 2 slow volumes in a map, one for each team.

Comment

how long do they last, how do you know who gets to deploy the deployables. I guess i didn't know as much as i thought i did,
          How long does the deploable last?
          Where do you get them?
          I thought they were like grenades. but their not?
          fill me in with any more information you might have.

Comment

If it's a sphere, and you're walking through it, then staying close to the ground would minimize the amount of time you're in it. Which is bad. A Pyramid would make more sense than a sphere.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixJCE View Post
              how long do they last, how do you know who gets to deploy the deployables. I guess i didn't know as much as i thought i did,
              How long does the deploable last?
              Where do you get them?
              I thought they were like grenades. but their not?
              fill me in with any more information you might have.
              The deployables last until the person that deployed them dies. Other than that I don't know anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmRPGer View Post
                If it's a sphere, and you're walking through it, then staying close to the ground would minimize the amount of time you're in it. Which is bad. A Pyramid would make more sense than a sphere.
                But in a pyramid it would be the same effect, except that your head would be head outside the slow volume rather than your feet. And I think the OP meant a dome anyways, not a sphere.

Comment

Originally posted by eduardvictor View Post
                  (hope u'r not making fun of me)
                  He isn't.

Although a FIFA ball isn't the same standard soccer ball (as it is called here in North America) that I'm familiar with.

Comment

A cube saves framerate, as its mesh would have 12 polys and a sphere/egg/dome would be....well, many more.

I vote that somebody mod the thread starter his own "ball" AFTER the game is released. That'd be super. kthx.

Comment

12 polygons or 64 polygons, I think it would be worth it to have a spherical slow volume, though I voted egg as it's close enough to "smooshed" that people can visualize that. I think a cube seems a little weird for a something like that.

Comment

It'd be fun if it wa a relativley formless jelly, that tolled down steep inclines.

/me imagines an avalaunche of goo rolling over a hellbender....

Comment

let epic decide what shape they want to make it... cube, egg, sphere, ellipse, pyramid, cylindrical, etc etc... lol does it really matter that much???

i'm pretty sure they'll do a good job - whatever shape they choose.

Comment

I didnt like how it was hormonal even on a slope causing it to cut into the ground and then have the other half floating above the ground... Looks like a **** made mod... I like the idea (I think) but not what I've seen of it

Comment

What makes up a slow volume ? Volume. Not matter. Volume. It's like a field of energy or whatever that slow a person down, not a physical material. This to me makes more sense than imagining it like a cube of jello.

Why wouldn't a field of energy be able to project through matter ? And why wouldn't a field of energy be able to be projected above the ground, and stay there ?

True, having a projected energy field be more like a sphere would make more scientific sense, but this game has never been about the scientific sense. It has been about balls-to-the-walls, frantic, in your face deathmatching.

While you all are spending time, discussing why you think it looks silly that one side of the slow volume is two inches above ground and the other side is two inches inside the ground, I'll gladly end the debate with a well-placed shock combo, and move on. But that's just me.

Comment

Where is the option for "I don't care either way, I just want the game to come out?"

Comment

Working...
                                X