Inserting personal voice taunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting personal voice taunts

Something that might be a nice little feature is if you could insert your own personal voice taunts/commands instead of the default voice taunts/commands you can choose from. I think it would add to the overall experience of character customization…

The only down side I can see is if too many people take it to the extreme it could distract or take away from actual game play.

Any thoughts?

It's been suggested before, I'm sure.

Personally, I think taunts are too easily abused by the... young at heart... so I mute them. The built in ones are annoying enough, I don't need someone who thinks they're funny making their own.

That said, since the ability to mute them is presumably in UT3, it doesn't matter to me if it's possible. They could even have different levels of muting. Mute All Taunts, Mute Mature Taunts, Mute Custom Taunts, etc.

Comment

This has been mentioned before, several times in several forms. And I am vehemently against it.

This would be opening up an entire new can of worms of tauntspam etc etc.

Comment

I think you guys might be right... I could see it getting old real quick.

Comment

I do agree completely.

Comment

custom voice taunts = zounds = ftl

Comment

Yes, and that would even mean waiting to download all the people's personal taunts , and it would take ages to join a server....

Comment

Originally posted by The Georgia Satellites
                Don't hand me no lines and keep your personal taunts to yourself.
                It would never work anyway because of security reasons. No sane server op would allow unknown clients connecting from who knows where to upload files to their servers.

Comment

I so totally do NOT look forward to hearing lame and atrociously recorded taunts from whoever isn't a professional voice actor.

Comment

Working...
                  X