Many, Many and Many Questions about UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many, Many and Many Questions about UT3

After so many trailers, interviews and gamplay videos in the last weeks, many questions had been answered, but also many new questions are there to ask. I additionaly added some old questions, to get a complete list:
    (It would be nice if Epic could please answer some of them or at least give some hints.)

Weapons:
    - Is the Enforcer secondary fire animation the same style as in UT1 (holding the guns horizontaly to the inside)?
    - Do the Rocket Launcher firemodes still work like LMB = singe, RMB = multiple, holdRMB+tapLMB switch firemodes spiral, grenades, spread; or has it changed during development?
    - How does the SniperRifle Sound? (great, i know). I mean does it sound like bullet-bang, or like beam-peww?
    - Does the model of the Redeemer get a complete makeover or will it look quite similar?
    - If I guide SpideyMines with the AVRiL and shoot a Rocket at the same time, will both follow the LaserPainter or must I switch between different Lasers?
    - Is the Target Painter still in the game or is it now part of the AVRiL, while the superweapons themself need recharge-time?
    - Is the Hoverboard part of the weaponarsenal like the Translocator, or is it a special function like Crouch, Jump of FeignDeath?
    - Is the Canister Gun still in the game or can Deployables now only be accessed by vehicles?
    - How does the deployable Grenade work, is it detonateable by remote?
    - How many Deployables are in UT3? Will the Sentinel Turret fom AS-Mothership and Maybe the LaserFences from Unreal2 return as Deployables?
    - Why is the Unreal1-RazorJack and the Unreal2-Flamethrower (Which can lay a carpet of flameable liquid as secondary fire) not in the game (, but they would add into the game really cool and would be fun with vehicles)?

Gamemodes:
    - Does the Warfare Mode have Objectives like the old Assault mode or is it a Campaign only Feature (The only difference to Onslaught I know, is the Orb)?
    - Are there Modes, besides TDM, which work with more than two Teams (CTF4, or a CTF2Mutator with some Baseless TDM Teams)?
    - Does the Maplist support several Gametypes in the same list, unlike the previous UT-Games?
    - Why is Deck16-]I[ called just Deck? If you want to give it another Name, find a better one like: Biohazard Deck.
    - Is there a Last Man Standing Mutator?
    - Is there a Classic Onslaugt Mutator (without Orb)?
    - Is there a BombingRun and Double Domination Mutator for CTF, vCTF-Maps?
    - Is there a Mutator to allow dropable Powerups after the carrier died?
    - Are there Mutators to set percentage of LowGrav, AirControl, WeaponDamage, GameSpeed, etc?
    - For UT2, there was a Mutator called Worm, which allowed to switch weapons with other (custom) Weapons. I hope UT3 will have something like this already in.

Customisation:
    - If there is a yellow Team, there must be a fourth green Team, too. But why is there never a green armored guy on any screenshot/video of UT3?
    - Are the beam weapons like ShockRifle, LinkGun and SniperRifle teamcolored or why do we see bright-blue LinkFire and orange-red ShockBeams (definitely not InstaGib) on the screenshots? Can it be dactivated?
    - Can we choose the Announcer (Male, Female, Evil, Alien, UTClassic) and even add custom ones (which are working independend from the joined server) like in UT2004. Will they work in the Campaing, too?
    - Are the Crosshair styles, sizes and colors once again customizeable?
    - Will there be a Krall/EliteKrall with Classic Unreal Texturing (bright grey-brown with tribal paintings and feather ornaments)?
    - Will the Necris dude Kragoth be a player character in UT3?
    - Is there a Nali in some way in the game?

Weapons:
    - Is the Enforcer secondary fire animation the same as in UT1 (holding the guns horizontaly to the inside)

Yes there is akimbo/gangsta style.

- Do the Rocket Launcher firemodes still work like LMB = singe, RMB = multiple, holdRMB+tapLMB switch firemodes spiral,grenades,spread, or has it changed during development?

The modes have changed from UT2004.. I believe it now fires grenades, don't remember all the combinations though. Still 3 rox rather than 6.

- How does the SniperRifle Sound? (great, i know). I mean does it sound like bullet-bang, or like beam-peww?

I think in some vids people have "heard" the sniper, so it probably sounds like a sniper should.

- Does the model of the Redeemer get a complete makeover or will it look quite similar?

They haven't yet shown the redeemer, it will probably be radically more complex looking but vaguely recognizeable if the other new weapons have been any indication.

- Is the Hoverboard part of the weaponarsenal like the Translocator, or is it a special function like Crouch, Jump of FeignDeath?

I imagine it is to Warfare like the TL is to CTF..

- How many Deployables are in UT3?

Spidermines & slow volumes, among others

Gamemodes:
    - Does the Warfare Mode have Objectives like the old Assault mode or is it a Campaign only Feature (The only difference to Onslaught I know, is the Orb)?

It is configureable to be completely like AS, completely like ONS or anywhere between there and standard Warfare.

- Are there Modes, besides TDM, which work with more than two Teams (CTF4, or a CTF2Mutator with some Baseless TDM Teams)?

It seems like there may be up to 4 team colors, but nothing has been leaked about 4 team play. They did originally say that Warfare would be between up to 3 teams battling over a map or something to this effect... nothing since.

- Does the Maplist support several Gametypes in the same list, unlike the previous UT-Games?

Not sure what you mean but Warfare maps for instance will support different configurations, and CTF and vCTF maps may be cross compatible...

- Why is Deck16-]I[ called just Deck? If you want to give it another Name, find a better one like: Biohazard Deck.

It's Deck18 if I'm not mistaken..

- Is there a Last Man Standing Mutator?
    - Is there a Classic Onslaugt Mutator (without Orb)?

No mutator, it is configurable by whoever makes the map, and the default maps may have classic ons setups as well. We do know Torlan 2 is in.

- Is there a Mutator to allow dropable Powerups after the carrier died?

You can knock powerups off people with the Impact Hammer.

- Are there Mutators to set percentage of LowGrav,AirControl,WeaponDamage, GameSpeed, etc?

These are always standard in a UT game and I'd be surprised if UT3 was any exception.

- For UT2, there was a Mutator called Worm, which allowed to switch weapons with other (custom) Weapons. I hope UT3 will have something like this already in.

Customisation:
    - If there is a yellow Team, there must be a fourth green Team, too. But why is there never a green armored guy on any screenshot/video of UT3?

Because we don't know for sure, and they're not telling.

- Are the beam weapons like ShockRifle, LinkGun and SniperRifle TeamColored or why do we see bright-blue LinkFire and orange-red SchockBeams on the screenshots?

Link is team colored for sure.. Red shock beam is usually the Instagib rifle.

- Can we choose the Announcer (Male,Female,Evil,Alien,UTClassic) like in UT2004 and even add custom ones (which are working independend form the MP server) Will they work in the Campaing, too?

Probably.

- Are the Crosshair styles, sizes and colors once again customizeable?

Duh

- Will there be a Krall/EliteKrall with Classic Unreal Texturing (bright grey-brown with tribal paintings and feather ornaments)?

- Will the Necris dude Kragoth be a player character in UT3?

Yes.

Comment

@Bersy: I knew most of your answers, which were not directly related to my questions, before. But thx for the few new infos and the rest is alt least a good summary.

The orange-red ShockBeam I talked about was in a picture, where other players carried non-IG weapons. A mystery yet unsolved.

BtW: If you quote me, please quote only the questions, you have answers for. It would get a little to long then. If you don´t mind Bersy, please edit your post.

Comment

too lazy after answering all your questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Stoned Rhyno View Post
          - Do the Rocket Launcher firemodes still work like LMB = singe, RMB = multiple, holdRMB+tapLMB switch firemodes spiral, grenades, spread; or has it changed during development?
          Same.

Q for both.

Simple = Better.

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
            Thx for replying so quickly.

Comment

Q for both, eh???

How?

Comment

Well since it has a beam (to my disgust), it would be pointless to give it a bullet bang sound.

Comment

Originally posted by eduardvictor View Post
                  Q for both, eh???

How?
                  I assume it is because you will never have both in the same gametype.

- TL in CTF
                  - HB in vCTF

Comment

@The orange-red ShockBeam I talked about was in a picture, where other players carried non-IG weapons. A mystery yet unsolved.
                    not really, type "sniper" in the searchbox and ull find enough topics about this, also with "proof" that it's the sniper rifle..... like here

Comment

Originally posted by eduardvictor View Post
                      Q for both, eh???

How?
                      I suppose if you're playing vCTF or WF, Q brings up the Hoverboard, in the other modes you get the trans. Though I have yet to find a server that has the trans enabled for DM...

I just wonder if there's an option to select the device of choice for each gametype. Like a drop-down list that enables you to choose between "Hoverboard", "X-Loc" and "none", instead of a "Trans y/n" checkbox for CTF and a "HB y/n" one for vCTF. Hoverboard iCTF, anyone? It would also be pretty bad if someone makes a non-vehicle Assault map remake for WF (which should be very well possible, Jeff Morris said so) but can't choose the translocator as the means of transport, because WF has the HB as default.
                      On the other hand, being able to turn off the hoverboard in vehicle maps wouldn't make much sense, because the alternative would be long walks or a series of trans jumps, which are not as fast as being towed by a Manta. A possible solution to that would be a sticky translocator mutator. Attach the disc to a Manta, watch through its internal camera if the vehicle has arrived at your desired location and xloc. That way you can collect some weapons during the time the Manta is on its way, so when you xloc you arrive well-armed. On the other hand, wasn't it rumored that the Stealthbender would be able to deploy teleporters? Anyway, I bet one of the first mutators made for UT3 will be a sticky trans, anyway. Just because it's so easy to do and there was one for almost every UT so far...

Speaking about the trans-cam, I hope it's still there in UT3. That and the beam-chaining ability of the Link Gun are the only two features of all the gameplay changes introduced with UT2k3 I'd really miss if they were gone.
                      I guess since we already recieved answers from Epic in this thread the chances for more official replies are pretty high. Care to enlighten us further, willhaven?

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock View Post
                        Hoverboard iCTF, anyone?
                        Yah.... that'll be popular.

Comment

I'd like to know how many slow volumes are allowed in each gametype.

Comment

I'm pretty sure someone from Epic said it would only be one per team at any given time, maybe willhaven can confirm that?

i know i read about it somewhere in the last week or so...

Comment

Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
                              I'd like to know how many slow volumes are allowed in each gametype.
                              You can shoot this big goo block in front of areas and any objects player or weapon will slow down while passing through. Only one's allowed per team so you won't get these levels with goo blocks everywhere. Once the player who deploys it dies, the goo disappears.
                              source

Comment

Working...
                              X