Question about system specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
    Not for maximum settings + max AA & AF + max resolution.
    What they mean't was probably for **** good settings but not absolute max.

I hope you're being sarcastic, they run on the same basic engine
    That's not to say there wouldn't be some differences.
    In your first point: You are wrong!
    In your secod point you are eve more wrong!

First point: Please try to understand the meaning of overkill for the game itself! Please read The game !!! ITSELF !!! Hence it easily could have played it at full but it was not put at full.

Second point:Oh really, Then why don't we just run R6 vegas? Even that runs on the same god **** engine. Please try to understand, there are different levels of complexity of a game on the same engine! Games on the same engine can differ in shader intensity and polygon count. Now if you didn't know, the Bioshock game itself is not exactly on total shading maximizing and high polygon count. The polygon counts are FAAAR less and the number of effects and shading of textures is **** less compared to UT3.

Do look at the screen shots carefully.

Comment

Care to link to something confirming the first point of yours? Cause Mark Rein has said over and over on this forum itself that a year from now the game may be harnessed to its maxiumum capacity. Oh and don't count on me to go looking for screenshots, I'm likely to not notice a difference unless they're side by side.

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
        Care to link to something confirming the first point of yours? Cause Mark Rein has said over and over on this forum itself that a year from now the game may be harnessed to its maxiumum capacity. Oh and don't count on me to go looking for screenshots, I'm likely to not notice a difference unless they're side by side.
        **** you are annoying!

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showp...&postcount=100

Originally posted by Steven Polge
        Those machines are way overkill for the highest detail level - the only reason it wasn't turned on was because the option isn't exposed in the menus.
        Please read this statement especially!!

Comment

Don't expect anyone to believe anything without evidence
          Also he says highest detail level, that doesn't imply highest resolution available or the inclusion of AA and/or AF (highest detail = highest texture, character detail, world detail, etc.). Here's where Mark Rein said that in that respect it will not be fully maxed on systems for a long while:
          http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...9&postcount=13

Comment

Well i think you should know that that news was quite old i.e. outdated. If those systems could be a "real overkill" for the highest level which means highest texture resolution too! Because it is highly unlikely he wanted to specify that it was an over kill to the detail level at resolution 640X400!!

Comment

He said highest detail level (you know that thing low, medium, high, highest), I'm assuming Steve mean't regular user resolutions, 1024x768~1280x1024 range, not the enthusiast 30" monitor levels or minimal levels. And Mark said that a few months after the 8800's were out which are arguably still the best available.

Comment

Anyway it's pointless now. I tried hard to convince but anyway. Can we have an official word on this please!

PS: I have no rivalry with Death master what so ever. We are just to people trying hard to prove their claims.

OFFICIAL WORD PLEASE!!

Comment

Either way we'll find out once game comes out
                  good convo.

Comment

I remember that when Epic showed off the Unreal 3 Engine Demo, they said that it works extremely well on a 6-series graphic card. *sigh*, How time passes.

Comment

Wasn't that when the 6-series card was the only available type ?

Comment

well by adding effects and all, it sure makes it more resource demanding. there are other games using UE3 which work well on 6 series (roboblitz)

Comment

Yep I remember them saying that in order to run the game you will need an Nvidia 6 series or better. Now we learn that they can run the game at max detail easily with a 7800. I have no reason to think that I can not run the game with my 7600 at medium/high settings. Maybe not maxed out, but very playable and very enjoyable. I will not buy into the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by WickeD SiTH View Post
                            Yep I remember them saying that in order to run the game you will need an Nvidia 6 series or better. Now we learn that they can run the game at max detail easily with a 7800. I have no reason to think that I can not run the game with my 7600 at medium/high settings. Maybe not maxed out, but very playable and very enjoyable. I will not buy into the hype.
                            LOL NO!! You got it all wrong! They said you can play with a 7800 at medium settings. I.e Not even high. Example: Model detail level=3=normal. After normal you may have.. High, Higher, very high, ultra high.

Comment

Working...
                            X