Question about system specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about system specs

Ok, i would like to wait until they say it but i cant. So i want to buy my new comp right now and im asking you, the community, if i would be able to run it at his max with this :

Pentium D Dual Core 3.0 GHZ
    GForce 8800 GTX
    2 gig DDR2
    200 gig hd

Not max imho. :x

Comment

why not, whats wrong.

Comment

The computer that can run max still has to be invented...
        Thats what i heard in an interview, that we might be able to play with much higher resolutions in the future.

Comment

ok, am i going to be able to run it on a high level then ?

Comment

Very likely, yes.

Comment

ok, thanks for the answer.

Comment

Why ask us if your PC will run UT3? We don't know system requirements for the game either....

Comment

Well i heard (read) somewhere that ut2007 (ut3) was played on two 8800GTX on high-res on high level.

Comment

Well, right now it's a little unbalanced. If you spend a little less on the video card (get a 8800GTS) and spend a little more on the processor (the Core2 Duo is a good choice at the moment) you'll get a lot more performance for roughly the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by Xellos View Post
                      Why ask us if your PC will run UT3? We don't know system requirements for the came either....
                      I only wanted opinions...

Comment

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_20...=899&chart=424
                        doesn't look like it will do so hot, and thats just quake 4. But I'm not sure which pentium D is yours there.

Comment

What resolution are you running at?

Something low like 1280x1024 should handle high-to-max fine...

You have to understand that in most review sites they run resolutions higher than 1600x1200 with lots of AA/AF. Now play at 1280x1024 with 2x/4x AA and no AF and you'll be smooth sailing..

Also, if you have a bad CPU and a l33t GFX card now don't worry about it (I have an 8800GTX and a AMD 4200+ X2). CPU prices are expected to take a huge dive, so it will be a good time to buy after UT3/Crysis hits.

But, from what I can see, your CPU is pretty nice compared to mine.... All comes down to the resolution of your monitor now.

Comment

Well I am getting a notebook. I was wondering what y'all think?

DISPLAY LCD: 17" WSXGA+ Widescreen TFT Display 1680x1050 Pixels
                            CPU: IntelĀ® Core™ 2 Duo Mobile T7600 Dual-Core Processor @ 2.33GHz 667FSB 4MB L2 Cache EM64T
                            MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset Mainboard
                            MEMORY: 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 DDR2-667 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
                            VIDEO CARD: Built-in Mobility™ NVIDIA GeForce GO 7600 256MB PCI-Express X16 Video
                            HARD DRIVE: 100GB 5400RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE
                            OPTICAL DRIVE: 8X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE
                            SOUND: BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND

Comment

They already said that they are aiming for medium settings on a 2 year old PC with a 7800 card. That sounds very reasonable. I don't think we have to be manic about insane requirements anymore. Anybody who is building today will get a great experience, even people who built last year have nothing to worry about and if you build in a few months from now you will only get an even greater experience. We're lucky it's Epic, some new games out there are only playable on lowest settings even on the absolute ultra gaming pc today for whatever reason....

I think there is a post by Mark Rein somewhere approximately saying that a grand rig today will run the game really well, of course, but that a new PC in a year or two will be able to run the game even better. like : high settings today, holy ultra mega resolution tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X