X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be relevant...

Comment

Bit late for that Nitro.

Anyway, players now know to go for dual core and a 7800 to get steady frames and good graphics. Please inform us server admins what to get in stead of waiting till the last minute the demo is released.

Comment

hello epic, how about you get off your lazy butts and make your game scaleable.

multithreaded so it can fully utilize two, three, four, or up to 8 cores. it doesnt require genius computer programming. what else are you paid for? everyone is using your engine, you could fix the discrepancy between hardware and software markets.

Comment

Originally posted by !NITRO! View Post
          if epic needs free opensource code gifts from intel then there is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Raad11 View Post
            if epic needs free opensource code gifts from intel then there is a problem.
            'need' and 'want' are two diffrent words, and if epic puts a nod toward a comanies technology they can get what they 'want'.

unless they dont 'want' it, in which case intel is just acting pathedic...

Comment

Just pointing out there is stuff available to fully utilize any possible rig...

And still.. What about the build process in UED.. will it get more efficient by the number of cores? Or will the adding up at the end still be a bottleneck?

Comment

Last attempt. If anyone from Epic reads this, please. We really, really, really want to start ordering the server rigs for the UT3 demo.

Comment

i suggest buying the fastest quadcore available is the 2nd best thing to do.

we all know w8ing is the best thing to do, but we hate w8ing.

i have read somewhere that UE3 makes advantage of 4 threads, so UT3 would probably make use of that. but i am not sure, so just if u really want it now, go for the fastest quadcore, stack up 4 or 8 gigs ram, install a 73 gig raptor in raid, and a 320 gig one for backup's and maps/mods u don't use atm. and then a few other things offcourse.

Comment

hello epic, how about you get off your lazy butts and make your game scaleable.

multithreaded so it can fully utilize two, three, four, or up to 8 cores. it doesnt require genius computer programming. what else are you paid for? everyone is using your engine, you could fix the discrepancy between hardware and software markets.
                    Have you actually written multi threaded code that actually worked 100% of the time when running on a multi core or SMP system?

Threaded code may work fine on single cpu systems and crash horribly on multi core or multi processor systems.

Not all 'problems' can be efficiently handled in multiple threads.

It takes 1 woman nine months to 'produce' a baby, 9 women can't 'produce' a baby in 1 month.

Comment

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of people looking to know whether quads are the way to go (especially for high player numbers in warfare).

it doesnt require genius computer programming
                      Obviously written by someone who has never written fast, scaleable, backend multithreaded code. I can confirm that it is tough as hell to scale a complex application properly beyond two cpu's.

Comment

Working...
                      X