No announcement yet.

UT3 playable at Leipzig Games Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have a map with nodes, powercores and 2 teams who have to conquer the nodes. if your team has conquered enough nodes (they must build a line over the whole map) you are able to destroy the enemies powercore. from here it is the same as onslaught, but the difference is both teams have orbs. with an orb you can instantly build a node, you dont have to wait for it.

this all is already known... thats why i dont mentioned it.
    i think i was not that bad by playing this gametype, my team wons everytime

Comment

Yeah that sounds awfully familiar......nothing to say about sideobjectives?

Comment

Any new vehicles?

Comment

i dont think have seen any new vehicles, therefore i had not the chance to test them all. well, there was one vehicle which becomes invisible when you drive it, just fantastic!
          i used the viper and the scavenger from the necris, and manta, raptor and tank from axons side. there was also an axon vehicle with a huge cannon, but havnt enough time to test it at all
          i used most of the time the hoverboard...

Comment

im sorry but im not sure if i have really seen any side-objectives. maybe the map was just made to be public-playable and therefore simplier as warfare-maps in general.
            but i remember there were 2 stations at the middle of that map, one at the right and one left, they had to be destroyed if im correct. i was not that close at them.

Comment

A little more info here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=576079

Comment

Originally posted by SleightOfHand View Post
                Hey, if any of you get to play a vehicle gametype, and there happens to be a Hellbender in it, do me a huge favor and check that thing out and let me know how the back-seat beam (formerly twin-beams) works and feels. Can you still charge and hold, or is it continuous fire? Does secondary still zoom? I'm a fan of it in 2K4, nothing like blasting Mantas out of the air, especially VCTF Manta-runs and getting the double-kill.
                YOU KNOW THIS!!!

Comment

Alex... You mention a little about UT3 weapons and how they're much more like UT99 in terms of awesomeness... Can you give us any details that you remember about any of the weapons?

Shock rifle? Is it faster or slower than 2k4? Bigger ball? Faster ball?

What was the flak secondary like? Does it fire faster than in 2k4? Same arc of travel?

Any info about movement or weapons would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks!

Comment

- shockrifle secondary fire was not too fast, it was not too hard to make combos, i made moving shock-combos the way of ut99, it was great
                    guess the shock-ball seems to be a little bigger now.

- the flak primary-fire is really like the ut99 one as it has a wide spread..
                    guess the secondary fire was more like the ut2k4 one but has a more powerfull explosion... when it hits the earth it came up with an big distortion (like the effect of the impact hammer), so i was not able to see if there were any flying shrapnels.

- movement felt exactly like ut99, exspecially dodging.

as i said already the link-gun (which i hated in ut2k4) was great to use and rocks like the pulse-gun in ut99. it feels more powerfull this time.

there is one think im still missing, i thought grenades come back to the rocketlauncher like ut99, but i was not able to fire them up. did i somethink wrong? i tried to use all combinations of fireing but it doesnt worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by aLeX View Post
                      - shockrifle secondary fire was not too fast, it was not too hard to make combos, i made moving shock-combos the way of ut99, it was great
                      guess the shock-ball seems to be a little bigger now.

- the flak primary-fire is really like the ut99 one as it has a wide spread..
                      guess the secondary fire was more like the ut2k4 one but has a more powerfull explosion... when it hits the earth it came up with an big distortion (like the effect of the impact hammer), so i was not able to see if there were any flying shrapnels.

- movement felt exactly like ut99, exspecially dodging.

as i said already the link-gun (which i hated in ut2k4) was great to use and rocks like the pulse-gun in ut99. it feels more powerfull this time.

there is one think im still missing, i thought grenades come back to the rocketlauncher like ut99, but i was not able to fire them up. did i somethink wrong? i tried to use all combinations of fireing but it doesnt worked for me
                      what about shock rifle primary? is it fast as 2k4?

Comment

I fired the grenades. Pushing the primary fire button while loading rockets toggles between three different modes, which are shown beneath the crosshair. The third mode were grenades like in UT1, pretty cool.

But I only had a bad chance playing this game today. You had to wait at least a hour for playing like 5 minutes, which sucked. You couldn't configure anything, the mouse sensitivity was a way too high and the mouse was non-inverted, but I'm used to inverted mouse, so I had absolutely no chance at all. I just got owned. xD I tried console commands, but they didn't work. That's why I primarily tested all the weapons, liked all of them, especially the new Link Gun and the new Shock Rifle. Pretty much original UT niveau here. And there were Jump Boots, Armor Vest, Shield Belt... good to have the old equipment back. And it seemed to me, like there was "Berzerk" as an pickupable power up. The weapon turned all red and the fire rate was increased dramatically.

However, the Orbs and the Hoverboard were a big improvement for the Onslaught/Warfare gameplay, because everything worked much faster now. Map was "WAR-Torlan_Necris", which is kind of an ugly version of the original Torlan. Didn't like it that much. There were no Assault objectives... or if there were, I missed them. Well, and the AVRiL is called "Longbow AVRiL" now.

The good thing was, you had the possibility of watching the pool from the outside of the cage. Didn't take any waiting time and you had the chance of seeing nearly everthing. I could take a good look on all those Necris Vehicles, there were 6 of them in the map:

Viper - the counterpart of the Scorpion, had a self destruct possibility, but you needed to install an upgrade for it. Don't know anything about, how this will work. It was pretty fast. Lasers like Manta, but single and stronger.

Scavenger - counterpart of the Manta (I think), simply one of the coolest vehicles ever. It's like a spider, but you can transform it to a ball and roll and bounce through the map, which is big fun.

Fury - counterpart of the Raptor. You can fire awesome looking laser beams out of those four tentacles.

Stealthbender - counterpart of the Hellbender, turned invisible when you entered the vehicle. Don't know anything about firemodes, sorry.

Nemesis - counterpart of the "Longfire SPMA", it was pretty slow and had twin lasers like the turrets

Darkwalker - counterpart of the Goliath, the highlight of every match. Those things are looking absolutely impressive, but are very slow and easy to hit.

I wonder, what the counterpart of the Leviathan will be...

There is not much to say about the Axon Vehicles. Scorpion now fires some kind of long range Flak Grenades. And it seemed, like the driver of the Longfire SPMA now uses the Skymine Turret instead of the cannon. But I'm not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fierce View Post
                          Scavenger - counterpart of the Manta (I think), simply one of the coolest vehicles ever. It's like a spider, but you can transform it to a ball and roll and bounce through the map, which is big fun.
                          Think I saw a fragment of that vehicle in spiderform in the latest vid...haven't heard anything about this vehicle yet. Do you know anything about the weapons of that vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y» View Post
                            Do you know anything about the weapons of that vehicle?
                            No, sorry. I think, secondary fire did the transforming. Never seen the primary fire mode... I didn't get the chance of playing it personally.

Comment

I just watched the vid again and I noticed some orange plasma bolts, though I'm not sure wheter that vehicle I saw really is the Scavenger...quality of that vid is pretty poor (probably recorded with a mobile phone)...Best shot I can take of it (around 1:48) http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4...avengernk2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Fierce View Post
                                Viper - the counterpart of the Scorpion, had a self destruct possibility, but you needed to install an upgrade for it.
                                Install an upgrade?

Comment

Working...
                                X