UT3 playable at Leipzig Games Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 playable at Leipzig Games Convention

In the latest issue of the german mag GameStar, Mark Rein confirmed that everyone who's 18 and above will be able to play UT3 at the Midway booth at the Games Convention in Leipzig. The con begins on Aug. 23rd and ends on the 26th.
    He also promised to pay the GameStar booth a visit sometime during the con, to answer public questions.

I don't know if I'll be able to attend, though. The con begins on Aug. 23rd, during that time I'll be (already am, in fact) in the very final stages of my diploma thesis. And I don't really have the money as well, Leipzig is a 6-hours train ride away for me, that's quite expensive... Too bad, being able to play UT3, Crysis, Bioshock and many others before release would be like a dream.

So, who of you guys will be there to supply us with some writeups and maybe shaky-cam footage afterwards? I already read that fuegerstef and Catzenjaeger will be there, anyone else?

EPIC, is it playable on the 22nd too when the public isn't allowed so I do not have to line up for 4 hours to play? Give the press a chance...

Comment

yeah,

maybe im there to take some photos(if allowed).
      ®

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock View Post
        In the latest issue of the german mag GameStar, Mark Rein confirmed that everyone who's 18 and above will be able to play UT3 at the Midway booth at the Games Convention in Leipzig. The con begins on Aug. 23rd and ends on the 26th.
        He also promised to pay the GameStar booth a visit sometime during the con, to answer public questions.

I don't know if I'll be able to attend, though. The con begins on Aug. 23rd, during that time I'll be (already am, in fact) in the very final stages of my diploma thesis. And I don't really have the money as well, Leipzig is a 6-hours train ride away for me, that's quite expensive... Too bad, being able to play UT3, Crysis, Bioshock and many others before release would be like a dream.

So, who of you guys will be there to supply us with some writeups and maybe shaky-cam footage afterwards? I already read that fuegerstef and Catzenjaeger will be there, anyone else?
        Yes i have read the rumor too But atm i miss a official word from Midway or epic.

Yup - im there and will take many many Screenshots movies and more
        We will publish like last year a GDC diary on our web pages ( last diary: http://www.unrealbase.de/infusions/a...?article_id=49 )

Comment

i will be there for sure!!
          i have no camcorder, but i would like to take photos if im allowed

Comment

Originally posted by aLeX View Post
            i will be there for sure!!
            i have no camcorder, but i would like to take photos if im allowed
            permission granted

Comment

The rumor is true and was confirmed. Epic will give all over 18 years the opportunity UT3 to play (sorry all younger - Germany has strict protection of children and young people) The question is only whether everyone can play. Last year was all full human being-measured. I could at no PlaysTation or Xbox. Too fully. Partly the people could run into only one direction. Roundabout. And attention! - that was at the Business Day not on the visitor day!!!

I have a cool armament this year. Video camera and several Digicams. Property on weekend i have already tested, which has the best quality
              But the decision is still missing

Comment

Record as gameplay vids!!

Comment

1000€ for a leaked beta, email me: pauloal...
                  Oh, nevermind

Comment

UT3 presentations & tournament @ GC Leipzig confirmed

This is a rough translation of a news entry from the german gaming site "Looki.de":
                    Since Midway is an official Partner of the ESL Intel Arena at this years Games Convention in Leipzig, the hosts have thought up something special for the attendees of the arena: Epic's vice president Mark Rein himself will show two exclusive public presentations of UT3. The dates are:
                    • Thursday, Aug. 23rd, 14:30 o'clock (ESL Intel Arena)
                    • Friday, Aug. 24th, 13:00 o'clock (ESL Intel Arena)

However, the best news for the fans of the promising title is that the arena will contain a so-called "Free-Gaming-Area", where 16 high-end machines will wait for players to duke it out in action-packed UT3 matches. There will even be an official tournament, supported by the ESL in cooperation with Midway, where the winners may be able to get a grip on some attractive prizes.
                    I just hope someone will visit one of the presentations with a decent video camera and provide the footage here. And some gameplay impressions from the tournament would be very nice as well.

Comment

This is a rough translation of a news entry from the german gaming site "Looki.de":
                      I just hope someone will visit one of the presentations with a decent video camera and provide the footage here. And some gameplay impressions from the tournament would be very nice as well.
                      And this is the 1 month old english news:

http://www.turtle-entertainment.de/?home&news&295

Don't know how we all missed it. Just found it a few minutes ago.

Comment

Nice find! At least now it is also confirmed by an official source.
                        I guess it's pretty obvious why we all missed that, it's not like Turtle Entertainment would be extensively frequented by folks with a special interest in UT3 and it must've slipped past the gaming news sites as well, so how should we've been able to find out about that info?
                        Of course that raises the question: How did you find that, if I may ask? Google or pure coincidence?

Comment

Why doesn't Epic just release a couple HD quality gameplay videos, instead of us having to resort to watching these terribly shaky low quality gameplay videos?

Comment

Originally posted by Kold_ View Post
                            Why doesn't Epic just release a couple HD quality gameplay videos, instead of us having to resort to watching these terribly shaky low quality gameplay videos?
                            because every gameplay video they have ever released involved some bunny hopper that couldnt even hit a shock combo if they were standing still.

epic is pretty bad about giving QUALITY gameplay videos.

Comment

Hey, if any of you get to play a vehicle gametype, and there happens to be a Hellbender in it, do me a huge favor and check that thing out and let me know how the back-seat beam (formerly twin-beams) works and feels. Can you still charge and hold, or is it continuous fire? Does secondary still zoom? I'm a fan of it in 2K4, nothing like blasting Mantas out of the air, especially VCTF Manta-runs and getting the double-kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X