Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a good idea for some trash talkers. (Duel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    stop "trashtalking" start playing???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    seriously this is the dumbest idea ive seen in years, hopefully it was a joke but if not then.. **** man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT doesn't need this. If you have an e-ego problem settle it somewhere else. The rest of us want to play, and I'll be damned if some 12 year old dips**t is gonna tell me what weapons I can and can't use!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    whenever some lamer asks me if I want to 1v1 because he is ****** at something I just laugh . it is also funny how they always have an IP ready to provide. oh, is that your listen server? don't forget to type "god" and "allweapons" "allammo", that would really be embarassing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is probably one of the worst ideas I have ever seen. =\

What the hell does a duel have to do with smack talk anyways? People are better at different things, so now unless you want to get smack talked to all the time I have to be good at 1v1?

Yeah, great idea..

Kick/Mute/Ban. The showing off and theatricality is for losers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Inventor209 View Post
    are there even trash talkers in UT? i played 2k4 for 3 years and the only trash talk i ever heard was once when some 11 year old called the whole team (our team, he was on opposite team) a bunch of F****** for not letting him get a kill.
    Yes, mostly noobs who don't know what they are doing and others do, or people who are impatient with noobs who don't know what they are doing. I see it a lot on ONS pub servers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lame idea! Actually can't stand that mentality in game at all.... Especially if your in a TDM of some sort. I agree with most mute, kick, or ban!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jfrizzle14 View Post
    say ur in a warfare game with alot of ppl in a server. then u end up getting trash talked by some immature person and it starts to annoy you.

there should be a feature where you select the persons name then record everything they say, then select a 1v1..
    I stopped reading here. Worst idea ever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Inventor209 View Post
    are there even trash talkers in UT? i played 2k4 for 3 years and the only trash talk i ever heard was once when some 11 year old called the whole team (our team, he was on opposite team) a bunch of F****** for not letting him get a kill.
    I've never had the experience that ut2004 gives chat wise, in any other game. I actually love how people in the server will always talk. I think the fact ut has kept the player cap down at 32 encourages this. Games that encourage uber sized teams seem to be full of so much spam text firing down the screen, people don't try to communicate.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would pass on this. I think it would be annoying to have constant popups asking me if I want to watch two jokers go at it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, I just realised something....

The duel should not take place like in the OP's original idea...

I got a new one...

Every level should have an extra hidden place, with the duel arena...

While players play the game, the smacktalker gets challenged by the smacktalkee.

If he accepts, all players are asked if they want to watch the Duel...

The ones that accept will be moved as spectators in the duel pit...

The Winner gets to choose a punishment for the loser, like blinding, deafening, Enforcers only, etc...

The other players on the normal game get a small message in the chat area, saying who won, and what punishment the loser got...

Then they both get back in the game...

The loser gets the punisment for say, maximul 3 spawns, then it wears off...

This could also come handy in those "I am better than you" type of situations...

I really think this would be easy to implement...

What do you think, guys?

Would you like it in this form?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There was an original UT mod specifically designed for 1v1 dueling of some kind. Not sure about the details though. Might have had some sort of a tournament waiting area or something like that where people would wait in line to play the winner of the last duel. It's been a long time so I can't quite remember. Am I mixing up Rocket Arena and something else??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eduardvictor View Post
    Duels ARE a form of spectacle and carnage...
    Heh - in the context of the Jeff Morris quote I was thinking of it's more like ... die, spawn, back-at-ya!

When I'm playing, I want to be playing. One of the things I love most about UT is that it's not round based. Freon is the only round-based game I've come across that I can tolerate for any length of time. And that's only because you can get thawed out mid-round.

Anyways, it's not an idea I could support. If the duel took place on a different server and I could get on with my game in peace then that would be fine.

Just don't interrupt my playing time! I don't get much of it these days so I need to make the best use of it when I do get it. Watching other people fight != fun for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If someone is trash talking you, then maybe you deserve it.

A feature I've sometimes wished for is the idea that all the team's vehicles gradually become locked to lower PPH players in games with more than 3 players per team, kicking in after say 5 mins of play. This would stop the -50 points team sabotage, spoiler player (real problem with public ONS as they're rarely kicked) and the wasteful annoying, game ruining, vehicle grabbing noob.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X