Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a good idea for some trash talkers. (Duel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If the game was interrupted because two idiots decided to have a virtual ******* contest, I'd most likely leave the server for good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EntropicLqd View Post
    To quote Jeff Morris, "Zero time to spectacle .. carnage carnage carnage!"
    Duels ARE a form of spectacle and carnage...

And anyhow this feature should be selectable by the server admin or as a mutator...

Even if it is selectable, the Duel should only have 1 round, like, first death is the loser...

P.S: I've got another idea, if the smacktalker is the one that dies, he automatically gets kicked...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    Don't you think that would promote, rather than discourage, trash-talking? They get the recognition that they crave. Not a good idea in my opinion.

Mute. Kick. Ban. Not necessarily in that order.
    Originally posted by EntropicLqd View Post
    +1 tbh.

If I'm trying to play some random team game of my current choice the last thing I would want to do is watch two players battling it out.

To me, this is 100% right. Who wants to reward an asshat by giving him or her a 1v1 opportunity WITH spectators? Better to kick/ban. I wish more pub servers would have a lower threshold for kick vote.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    ...Mute. Kick. Ban. Not necessarily in that order.
    +1 tbh.

If I'm trying to play some random team game of my current choice the last thing I would want to do is watch two players battling it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awful idea, just mute the offending idiots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Or, the vote screen could be implemented in such a way, that it only pops up when u die...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So you really think having another vote popup window is a good thing for the game? Map vote popping up when I'm 1 char short of finishing typing a hugeass sentence is annoying enough. I don't need another one coming up at a completely random time. Yes why WOULD we like our game to be interrupted based on something so childlike. If I want to watch others duel and trashtalk I'll go spec a game of TAM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I actually like his idea...

Just think about it... Obviously , most of u guys don't like the idea because it would mean interrupting YOUR game...
    Ah, but wait, that's where the vote comes in... if you don't aggree, the vote does not allow them to duel, and the voting should be triggered by the one that is challenged, if he accepts (and he most certainly will, hecause both of them are heated up due to the arguments they are having), the vote begins...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what they should have instead is an "ignore" function that will allow the pla- oh wait

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wouldn't want it exactly the way you describe it, but I can't count the number of times I have wanted to put someone in their place. I would rather, at the end of a game, be able to challenge someone to a duel, and if they accept, be sent automatically to some server with a random DM map, fight to 10 kills and be done with it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    do you really think i wanna stop playing to watch 2 trash talkers fight, id vote for a kick / ban of the player first

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jfrizzle14 View Post
    say ur in a warfare game with alot of ppl in a server. then u end up getting trash talked by some immature person and it starts to annoy you.

there should be a feature where you select the persons name then record everything they say, then select a 1v1 duel button. if the trash talker get more than one duel request then he'll choose which person to duel then the server auotmtically askes everyone in the server if they want to view the duel on a deathmatch map when the match is over so they can get a view on whos acually more skilled in shooting their gun than just in a vehicle.

when everyone is done accepting/declining the view of the duel, those that have accepted will be shown the recording of the trash talker and the annoyed person at the beginning of the match.

then the game starts between the two players. while these two players are pwning each other. the server asks the spectators that has been done reviewing the recording to vote who is the trash talker and who is not.

when the match is complete. and if the trash talker lost, then the announcer will say a pwning quote to **** them off to prevent them from trash talking in the future. if the annoyed one loses then ur just screwed
    LOL, man that is so unique man, that would be awesome, but Whats if he leaves before the match is over????? And who would want to watch a 1v1 duel at the end of a match????? so I dont think this would work out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't you think that would promote, rather than discourage, trash-talking? They get the recognition that they crave. Not a good idea in my opinion.

Mute. Kick. Ban. Not necessarily in that order.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This sounds like a way for people with low self-esteem to show off..

First off skill at a game and skill with people are two different things, verbal fights shouldn't be settled by duels, they should be settled by kicking the ******* that started it, and kicking the idiot who continues to whine about it shortly afterwards.

The loser who mouths off to everyone is no worse than the loser who has to challenge him to a duel, beat him, and laugh in his face in front of everyone just so he can have fun.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic a good idea for some trash talkers. (Duel)

a good idea for some trash talkers. (Duel)

say ur in a warfare game with alot of ppl in a server. then u end up getting trash talked by some immature person and it starts to annoy you.

there should be a feature where you select the persons name then record everything they say, then select a 1v1 duel button. if the trash talker get more than one duel request then he'll choose which person to duel then the server auotmtically askes everyone in the server if they want to view the duel on a deathmatch map when the match is over so they can get a view on whos acually more skilled in shooting their gun than just in a vehicle.

when everyone is done accepting/declining the view of the duel, those that have accepted will be shown the recording of the trash talker and the annoyed person at the beginning of the match.

then the game starts between the two players. while these two players are pwning each other. the server asks the spectators that has been done reviewing the recording to vote who is the trash talker and who is not.

when the match is complete. and if the trash talker lost, then the announcer will say a pwning quote to **** them off to prevent them from trash talking in the future. if the annoyed one loses then ur just screwed
Working...
X