The Story of UT and how it gets to UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Story of UT and how it gets to UT3

I should forwarn every one that i have never played the Unreal series, but i have been a huge fan of Midway. If someone could tell me what the first two games where like I would really appreciate it.

Speculations of what UT3 are as follows: Multiplayer is the only thing that i am excited for: From what is see though, the weapons will have spawn points that we can walk over and pick up. Do we have to capture nods or maintain our base in order to keep credits to purchase these weapons/vehicles. Please tell me what i am talking about her because i am very confused about this aspect of the game.

The storyline on the previous games have been compared to the mortal combat arcade version where you climb ladders, is this correct. Will this one have an indepth storyline or not.

With the demos that i have seen, obviously it is a fast paced game, but is it so realistic that we get shot once and we are pretty much dead or what is the life bars and how is it indicated. I have seen mostly that a red haze goes on the border of the screen, is this it or is there quanity of life that can actually be seen. Do you re-heal or not.

The storyline/gameplay is this very difficult, or not.

This is what i would like to know, so i guess this is a question forum. Please answer these questions, regardless i will be purchaseing this game because it is the only thing that keeps me excited for november besides my birthday. Thanks.

dude, buy a UT game (2004 or UT99) or dl a demo

Comment

Based on a interview with Jeff Morris, UT3 is said to have a storyline through singleplayer, one of the aspects they decided to change. Instead of the classic blasting away until you win the tournament. There is a back story to the UT series on why and how the tournament takes place, as well as story's to each character. Most maps were also based on scenario's involved in this story I think (Assault were at least ).

Watch the Jeff Morris interview at E3 2k7. It should answer majority of questions.

Comment

For old gamers, there is not a single storyline, but a whole universe where they can create any story they want.

I play it since Unreal 1, so I keep one eye in Unreal Universe to give consistence to my poor gameplay.

You can buy any Unreal Tournament game and have much fun... it deserves the money.

There are many game mods, one single shot can kill you instantly, depending on the weapon, your health/protection or if you are in instagib mode.

So, play Unreal Tournament and convert any CS gamer into an UT gamer to become a real player, lol.

Comment

I hate to break it to you but there is no huge story involved, lol.

There is a rather complex universe, but we don't really know too much about it.

Long story short....gladiators, in the future, with guns, and vehicles, and scenarios.

Comment

Storyline from Unreal, UT, Unreal 2 and UT2003. It ends at the beginning of UT2004.

Comment

i think he's a console player... if so he can't dl demos.

Comment

Yes their is health and health packs along with armor. onslaught in previous game had nodes that had to controlled to obtain vehichles weapons can be picked up anywhere. headshots instakill each weopon has a damage set depending the placement of the shot and in the case of the Flak cannon the distance because the bullets spread apart.

beyondunreal.com is the best place to start......but play ut04 demo for sure

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixJCE View Post
                  From what is see though, the weapons will have spawn points that we can walk over and pick up. Do we have to capture nods or maintain our base in order to keep credits to purchase these weapons/vehicles. Please tell me what i am talking about her because i am very confused about this aspect of the game.

In Onslaught (ut2004)/Warfare (ut3) you must build and destroy nodes to allow access to extra vehicles and the enemy base. The only management aspect that comes into for Onslaught is keeping the nodes repaired (by the use of alternate fire from one of the guns). The rest is all about fragging and tactics. Warfare is likely to be very similar.

Weapons can be picked up from their spawn points and weapons lockers as long as you are not already carrying that gun. You can find more ammo lying around the map. You can also get extra ammo from running over dropped weapons.

Each team starts with a set number of vehicles in their base (they respawn when destroyed) and as I said above nodes unlock more vehicle spawn spots.

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
                    So, play Unreal Tournament and convert any CS gamer into an UT gamer to become a real player, lol.
                    quoted for the ****ing truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie_PT View Post
                      Storyline from Unreal, UT, Unreal 2 and UT2003. It ends at the beginning of UT2004.
                      lol @ how every little section is basically an AS map.

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
                        ahuahuahuahuahua, "pedra is a way of life"

Comment

Originally posted by DefJam101 View Post
                          lol @ how every little section is basically an AS map.
                          AS maps are the only maps that have a story to tell.

Comment

THE STORY line, of unreal tournament part three:

You are futursitic HEAVY ARMOR explosion death GUY with BOOM GUN. your window curtains are shanghaied by the ruthless Xanith C. Kriegor. you seek revengeance and head to department store to buy new one. and then there is a mr. crow and then you shoot the mr. crow with boom death gun. MR. crow iS dead as a result of this.

HOWever, one person does not take too much kindly to this. and that person is john quincy adams. president of united states of american. "i am but a partisan xylophone pirated in china, cease your frivolous home decor pursuits and please to instead engage in numerous bouts of shuai-jiao with me,,". you DECLINE offfer!. instead you continue your Quest to buy new window cutabains.

you will meet many enemies in your quest for window cutain. such enemies include Swami who tell you to attain englightingment. i never taKE kindly to this tom's foolery, so i launch them all to planet NUPITER. i suggest that you do the sAME.

actually the entire game wiill have nothing but Swamis, good day

OH WAIT original UT story too right. this:

UT: you shoot things with gun and said things emit utterances vaguely resembling the common interjection of "Ow". also red circulatory fluid comes out.

UT2K404: same as above EXCAPT replace things with mr. crows.

Comment

Some of your questions have probably been answered by now, but once more won't hurt.

I should forwarn every one that i have never played the Unreal series, but i have been a huge fan of Midway. If someone could tell me what the first two games where like I would really appreciate it.
                              To keep it short, and assuming you mean the first Unreal Tournament games and not the first Unreal games: the UT games are multiplayer-oriented, extremely fast-paced futuristic shooters, focusing on making the game play better, and not more realistically. If you're used to realistic shooters like CS or Battlefield, this will be completely different. To sum up UT:
                              - Fast
                              - Intense
                              - "Zero time to spectacle"

Speculations of what UT3 are as follows: Multiplayer is the only thing that i am excited for: From what is see though, the weapons will have spawn points that we can walk over and pick up. Do we have to capture nods or maintain our base in order to keep credits to purchase these weapons/vehicles. Please tell me what i am talking about her because i am very confused about this aspect of the game.
                              Assuming UT3 continues the tradition of the earlier games, then yes, weapons will be in fixed locations across the map where anyone can pick them up. In some of the larger multiplayer gametypes in UT2004, you would generally find weapons in weapon lockers, which would give you several weapons and restock your ammo for these weapons to a specified value. The weapon lockers have a delay so you couldn't restock constantly, and, again, anyone could pick these up.
                              Vehicles in UT2004's Onslaught gametype were locked to the node or powercore to which they were assigned. Neutral nodes had no vehicles until captured by either team, at which point vehicles belonging to the captors would spawn, being locked to the other team. You could always hijack abandoned vehicles, though.

The storyline on the previous games have been compared to the mortal combat arcade version where you climb ladders, is this correct. Will this one have an indepth storyline or not.
                              I haven't played Mortal Kombat much, but yes, the storyline in earlier UT games were ladder-based; you're simply in a tournament and have to win. There is a bit more to it, but the series have been focused on multiplayer, and thus the storyline for singleplayer is very rudimentary. It's there for the sake of being there. This will change a bit with UT3, and there will be a more immersive singleplayer storymode this time.

With the demos that i have seen, obviously it is a fast paced game, but is it so realistic that we get shot once and we are pretty much dead or what is the life bars and how is it indicated. I have seen mostly that a red haze goes on the border of the screen, is this it or is there quanity of life that can actually be seen. Do you re-heal or not.
                              As the name implies, not much is realistic about this game. Acquired damage is very unrealistic, which adds a very nice twist to the gameplay, compared to others. Unreal, being a game designed for total carnage, has extremely tough characters to avoid having players camp for protection. There is no need. You can take quite a beating before you die, and you can even survive headshots with the Lightning Gun in UT2004 if you have collected sufficient health/armor pickups.
                              There's no life bar on players (but all nodes and all friendly vehicles have health bars; enemy vehicles' damage is indicated by visual degradation of the vehicle). Your own health is displayed as a number on the HUD. When you get shot, parts of your screen will briefly flash red.

The storyline/gameplay is this very difficult, or not.
                              I'm not sure what, exactly, you mean by this, but everything in UT involving computer controlled players has earlier had lots of selectable difficulty levels. Anything from Novice to Godlike. It's hard to say if it'll be difficult, because you decide if it's difficult yourself.
                              Average online skill level is quite high, though.

If you're wondering about the gameplay, you could always try the UT2004 demo from www.unrealtournament.com

Comment

Working...
                              X