Linux Buyers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Buyers!

As a lifelong windows user, I switched to a friendly desktop Linux distro a week ago, and bought the UT2k4 Editor's DVD because it runs on Linux!

I'm curious, how many people here bought UT2k3, UT2k4 and will buy UT3 because it runs on Linux?

Super.

I do most of my computing on Ubuntu Fiesty.

I keep XP on a separate HD because I like to play with UED.

And, (should I dare say it) on my system UT2004 runs better under Windows. That doesn't mean that UT2004 runs better under Windows for all systems.

Once in a while, I'll play UT on linux.

Comment

I would buy the game anyways but its nice to have support.

Comment

Re: Steam

Also a long time fan of Valve's products, sadly their moderators lock any linux support related threads!

Comment

Originally posted by superstylin View Post
          I'm curious, how many people here bought UT2k3, UT2k4 and will buy UT3 because it runs on Linux?
          It would make it more likely for me, since that is $100 more I can spend on the graphics card rather than an buggy OS.

Comment

Well, I'm using Windows for a while, but I was very pleased with ut2k4's performance in linux ubuntu and for sure I pretend back to 100% linux soon.

And I can't live without Unreal or UT.

Comment

I will buy it and run it on my slack 12 for sure

Comment

UT3 and Linux for the win!!

Comment

I'll buy it, as long as there's a linux-installer on the first release. If not, I'll grab the Wintendo-version and wait for a linux-installer. I hope it's not the latter.

No Redmond-OS here.

Comment

I'm sure there will be an installer on the First Release DVD,

I may I take some time to say big love to Epic for keeping native Linux client support, I originally brought UT2k4 on DVD whilst running windows, then after finally having enough from Norton AV and MS crashing, I switched to suse 10.0 find that UT2004 ran on Linux!!!

Ill be buying my copy from www.tuxgames.com to make sure it goes down as Linux purchase, and with the rise of Ubuntu on Dell and Levono and soon HP Epic may well have a big seller on there hands!!

Long live the penguin!

Comment

GO mac baby!!! wooot!

Comment

My ubuntu cant wait for the game
                        Hope they will put linux-installer in the windows dvd release... like UT2k4

Comment

Working...
                        X