X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Guys....

Um, DUH!

The SIMPLEST and most effective idea would be the REVOLUTIONARY, but common JOYSTICK!!!

I can't believe noone mentioned the simple joystick...

U can move left/right front back, use the Stickspin to look left and right, fire with main and secondary, and jump and do anything with the rest of the buttons...

U don't need tons of pedals and special things that cost 1234567890 $$$...

A simple Saitek x-52 would do the trick...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rampage View Post
    I just got them!
    let us know what you think of them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got them!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I'm going to order the fragpedal elite foot pedals.

Edit:
    It's official I just got off the phone to place my order for the fragpedal elite foot pedal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes - good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same here, but from the look of them the Frag Pedal Mort_Q posted would be the best one since the pedal need to be steady on the ground. Hope you find something that works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't tried any... in fact, until you posted I hadn't thought much about it and I just googled to see what was out there.

Let us know how things work out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have looked over everyones suggestions and think that getting some type of foot pedals would be my best option right now. I only have good use of my right foot/leg, so something with 2 or 3 foot pedals on it would work pretty well I think. Has anybody used any of them and which one(s) would you recommend? I still hope that Epic will make an effort to make UT3 playable or easier to play for people with disabilities. Thanks to everyone who have posted suggestions or ideas or anything else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe a voice controlled solution would work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
    would require some "if/then" coding... such as "if player is in vehicle then button X becomes button Y" as opposed to "if player is on foot button X jumps and if player is in vehicle button Y brakes"

it would become very confusing for many players.
    I didn't mean it would have to be that way for everybody, but rather an option so people could set it to be used for whatever function they wanted to. It might take a little while to get used to but once you're used to it it's a matter of habit. As far as the coding goes I think it could be done something like "if player is in vehicle and vehicle doesn't use the jump button then jump button can be used for whatever function the player wants." I know it wont solve everything, but it may help and if not you could choose to not use the function.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought of another idea. If someone was driving a vehicle(tank, scorpion, hellbender , etc.) that doesn't use the jump button then allow that button to be used for something else.
    would require some "if/then" coding... such as "if player is in vehicle then button X becomes button Y" as opposed to "if player is on foot button X jumps and if player is in vehicle button Y brakes"

it would become very confusing for many players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A mouse like this would be nice (sorry for horrible 1-minute sketch). Maybe even better with 4 directional buttons on the side so all movement can be controlled with the thumb. With some classy gear in it I would buy it at least hehe.

I think your idea of for example Epic and Logitech getting together presenting a line of gear for handicapped would be awesome. Part from having better voice recognition and ability to mod the controlls freely it's probably the tools that need an overhaul. Checked it out a little and there are some aid developed, not much aimed at gaming thou.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought of another idea. If someone was driving a vehicle(tank, scorpion, hellbender , etc.) that doesn't use the jump button then allow that button to be used for something else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.trust.com/products/default.aspx?item=15078

trackball seems to be the best solution here ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you are making it too complicated. A regular mouse with enough buttons would work or should, but I haven't found one that I thought I could use that has enough buttons.
    and to be honest i do not think you will find one. you could start a company and make one. i am sure there would be a nice niche market for people who love video games but have lost the use of one of their hands/arms.

i also dont think Epic could do anything to help you man. they just make video games. what you need is hardware more than software because with the UT games you can pretty much bind anything to anything so configuring stuff is pretty easy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X