Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handicap Features?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Are there foot controls available retail? It would probably improve my posture.

    EDIT:

    http://www.footmouse.com/

    http://www.fentek-ind.com/nh-mouse.htm#mfmusb

    http://gamingmouse.com/weapon.php?pid=30

    Comment


      #17
      Frag pedal is awesome stuff, there is also this kind:

      [screenshot]http://brilliantdays.com/images/EliteFootSwitch.jpg[/screenshot]

      And this:

      [screenshot]http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/79/6c/17_1.JPG[/screenshot]

      Jumping with a pedal actually seems kind of intuitive, maybe gonna order a frag pedal and try it.

      Edit: uh, why are the size of the pics out of order? =/

      Comment


        #18
        All Epic has to do is create a device so that you can play with your mind, and if you link me to the OCZ product, I will have to hurt you.

        Comment


          #19
          I would assume this problem would arise with all games, so an input device more suited would be best. And as stated, once you pick one, let us know & we'll keybind you up so everything's streamlined.

          Comment


            #20
            A device that could help this would be:

            A "flat" looking mouse that has a lazer or optical light on the bottom, and your common A,S,D,W keys on the top of it for movement, as well as other buttons like space.

            So basically, it'd be like a partial keyboard that you move around, therefore, it's the mouse and keypad in one hand.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
              A device that could help this would be:

              A "flat" looking mouse that has a lazer or optical light on the bottom, and your common A,S,D,W keys on the top of it for movement, as well as other buttons like space.

              So basically, it'd be like a partial keyboard that you move around, therefore, it's the mouse and keypad in one hand.
              I think you are making it too complicated. A regular mouse with enough buttons would work or should, but I haven't found one that I thought I could use that has enough buttons.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                I think you are making it too complicated. A regular mouse with enough buttons would work or should, but I haven't found one that I thought I could use that has enough buttons.
                and to be honest i do not think you will find one. you could start a company and make one. i am sure there would be a nice niche market for people who love video games but have lost the use of one of their hands/arms.

                i also dont think Epic could do anything to help you man. they just make video games. what you need is hardware more than software because with the UT games you can pretty much bind anything to anything so configuring stuff is pretty easy.

                Comment


                  #23
                  http://www.trust.com/products/default.aspx?item=15078

                  trackball seems to be the best solution here ...

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I thought of another idea. If someone was driving a vehicle(tank, scorpion, hellbender , etc.) that doesn't use the jump button then allow that button to be used for something else.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      A mouse like this would be nice (sorry for horrible 1-minute sketch). Maybe even better with 4 directional buttons on the side so all movement can be controlled with the thumb. With some classy gear in it I would buy it at least hehe.

                      I think your idea of for example Epic and Logitech getting together presenting a line of gear for handicapped would be awesome. Part from having better voice recognition and ability to mod the controlls freely it's probably the tools that need an overhaul. Checked it out a little and there are some aid developed, not much aimed at gaming thou.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                        I thought of another idea. If someone was driving a vehicle(tank, scorpion, hellbender , etc.) that doesn't use the jump button then allow that button to be used for something else.
                        would require some "if/then" coding... such as "if player is in vehicle then button X becomes button Y" as opposed to "if player is on foot button X jumps and if player is in vehicle button Y brakes"

                        it would become very confusing for many players.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
                          would require some "if/then" coding... such as "if player is in vehicle then button X becomes button Y" as opposed to "if player is on foot button X jumps and if player is in vehicle button Y brakes"

                          it would become very confusing for many players.
                          I didn't mean it would have to be that way for everybody, but rather an option so people could set it to be used for whatever function they wanted to. It might take a little while to get used to but once you're used to it it's a matter of habit. As far as the coding goes I think it could be done something like "if player is in vehicle and vehicle doesn't use the jump button then jump button can be used for whatever function the player wants." I know it wont solve everything, but it may help and if not you could choose to not use the function.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Maybe a voice controlled solution would work?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I have looked over everyones suggestions and think that getting some type of foot pedals would be my best option right now. I only have good use of my right foot/leg, so something with 2 or 3 foot pedals on it would work pretty well I think. Has anybody used any of them and which one(s) would you recommend? I still hope that Epic will make an effort to make UT3 playable or easier to play for people with disabilities. Thanks to everyone who have posted suggestions or ideas or anything else.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I haven't tried any... in fact, until you posted I hadn't thought much about it and I just googled to see what was out there.

                                Let us know how things work out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X