Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic - Just a few of things

Don't get me wrong, the game looks awesome, but;

Is this a map error or is it the poor lighting of static mesh joining we see in ut2k4:
    [screenshot]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shop-one/bsp.jpg[/screenshot]

Please stop avril from turing on a pin head, give it a more realistic movement; also will bots need to keep a target lock for the avril to work?
    [screenshot]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shop-one/avril.jpg[/screenshot]

Please confirm eject seat for scorpian:
    [screenshot]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shop-one/eject.jpg[/screenshot]

Please tell me we can turn this screen splatter off:
    [screenshot]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shop-one/blood.jpg[/screenshot]

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the game looks awesome, but... please tell me we can turn this screen splatter off:
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shop-one/blood.jpg
    Oh, please don't. I think pulling out the IH from time to time is fun, but this will hopefully keep the whoring to a reasonable level.

But later on, if I decide I hate it, I may be convinced that you're right.

Comment

1) Looks like a bug
      2) a) No, b) As I've said elsewhere, bots sometimes keeping lock when not in sight was a bug, not intentional
      3) How many more interviews/previews/etc need to mention it before it's "confirmed"?
      4) No, but since that shot it's been modified to ignore the center of the screen so as not to interfere with your precious hammer camping.

Comment

I assume "gore" can be disabled like all other UTs, right?

Comment

Hmm, that's a good point. Maybe it will have to be included in that. I don't really know.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoudazo View Post
            I assume "gore" can be disabled like all other UTs, right?
            well...... if u would put it on "no gore" it would be VERY weird to see half your screen covered with blood wouldnt it? :>... so i think ur right by saying u will be able to remove this :>

Comment

They'll probably change it to "mud splatters" to keep from being censored, and to keep it consistent. Or at least, that's what I'd do.

Comment

Yes that's the only complaint I have is avrils turning on a pin point.

Comment

i've asked this in the general section but didn't got an answer...

is it possible to give a map dynamic light cycles?
                  making a mod that uses the server system time for day/night would be so cool.

Comment

It's great that Epic have been answering a lot of questions recently, but if you're gonna ask one please can you ask some more major ones. These are pretty minor aspects to enquire about.

Comment

I imagine avrils turn on a "pin point" because of bandwidth concerns.. gradual smooth turns would require a lot more information to be transmitted. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
                        4) No
                        Well, that sucks, even if it does ignore the center of the screen. (as if the center's all you use)
                        For starters it's not even realistic. Getting anything in your eyes doesn't look anything like that, and blinking would wipe it off anyway.

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                        I imagine avrils turn on a "pin point" because of bandwidth concerns.. gradual smooth turns would require a lot more information to be transmitted. But I could be wrong.
                        Yep, I doubt that's it.
                        The rocket's direction is currently transmitted constantly anyway, because it homes in on a vehicle directly (without leading) so as the vehicle moves it constantly changes direction resulting in a curved trajectory.
                        I think the real reason for the instant direction changes is that a realistically homing AVRiL would be useless or at least way too hard to use against all but the slowest vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          hmm,

in UT2004 if i remember correctly, the projectile gets updated every 100ms, resulting in this zigzag trajectory.

Comment

Originally posted by MuLuNGuS View Post
                            i've asked this in the general section but didn't got an answer...

is it possible to give a map dynamic light cycles?
                            making a mod that uses the server system time for day/night would be so cool.
                            Yes, people have already used a shader in the Roboblitz UnrealEd to create day/night cycles, IIRC.

I think DGUnreal knows how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
                              It's great that Epic have been answering a lot of questions recently, but if you're gonna ask one please can you ask some more major ones. These are pretty minor aspects to enquire about.
                              Well, so far these are the things that stand out for me. I'm expecting a total new game, not just an extension of what was, but that's what i get for hoping.

Originally posted by MuLuNGuS View Post
                              hmm,

in UT2004 if i remember correctly, the projectile gets updated every 100ms, resulting in this zigzag trajectory.
                              This also happens in single player (offline), it may not be intentional in ut2k4, but looks like it is in UT3, or they havn't bothered to fix it.

Another ques: will bots be able to use the scorpian like in the trailer (eject seat)? Or is that only going to be human thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X