Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can u make the UT3 mods for Ps3 on Ps3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can u make the UT3 mods for Ps3 on Ps3??

or do u have to make them on a pc first??

I'd like to know the answer to this as well...

Comment

well, the UED only ships with the PC version as far as I know...?

Comment

I think Jeff Morris said you'd have to make it on your PC first then cook it to a memory disk for PS3.

Comment

no..........

Obviously you guys have never seen a map editor.. there is no way you can develop a map or any other content ON a playstation. You have to use ue3 on ur computer "cook" it as then put it on a disk and then u can get it on ur ps3.

Comment

I bought a ps3 yesterday just so i could have this game this year....I hope they make the editor available to those who don't have the pc version of teh game though. I would hate to have to buy 2 version of the same game so i could try out the editor...

Comment

Hope your PC can run UT3 because if it can't, it's doubtful it will run UnrealEd.

Comment

Originally posted by SwitchBlade View Post
                I bought a ps3 yesterday just so i could have this game this year....I hope they make the editor available to those who don't have the pc version of teh game though. I would hate to have to buy 2 version of the same game so i could try out the editor...
                Don't you know how the editor works? It won't run on a PS3.

Comment

I still dont know why somebody would buy 2 versions of the same game.
                  you might as well just buy the pc version(as it runs faster) and just add the maps to the pc version.
                  such a strange thing to do..

Comment

Originally posted by ULTRAVISITOR View Post
                    I'd like to know the answer to this as well...
                    I'd like to see them try.
                    Playing a FPS with a keypad might be controversial, but coding with a keypad? Man...I already hated 'typing' my nickname with an on-screen keyboard. Can you imagine how long it would take to even code up "Hello world"?

I can already see them in their comfy chairs, looking over an Epic-provided chart, desperately trying to find the key sequence to get an If-statement. Muhahahahahaaa...

Comment

Originally posted by punkylemming View Post
                      I still dont know why somebody would buy 2 versions of the same game.
                      So you know there is always a copy of UT no more then 30 feet away.

Though I'm thinking about getting the PS3 version. I know the PC would be a better choice if your like me and would like to play it at Lan Parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
                        So you know there is always a copy of UT no more then 30 feet away.

Though I'm thinking about getting the PS3 version. I know the PC would be a better choice if your like me and would like to play it at Lan Parties.
                        if u have a decent pc, u might as well just get the pc version plus the pc version will be alot cheaper. and runs at full speed.

Comment

I'm not saying I want the editor on the ps3, I'd just like for it to be available to use on my pc with me owning the ps3 version. My pc would most likely run it, but it would most likely look worse than the ps3 version since it's just a fairly new dell with nothing fancy about it.

Comment

Just so PS3 owners know exactly what the editor involves:

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/scre...roperties2.jpg

That's the kind of stuff you're looking at. Imagine doing that on a TV screen, on a console.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo View Post
                              Just so PS3 owners know exactly what the editor involves:

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/scre...roperties2.jpg

That's the kind of stuff you're looking at. Imagine doing that on a TV screen, on a console.
                              haha, good one

Comment

Working...
                              X