No announcement yet.

No new sound effects??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick, pull my finger. You'll hear some new sounds then you'll wish you hadn't...

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
      Quick, pull my finger. You'll hear some new sounds then you'll wish you hadn't...
      ... POOF!... WHEW!... Where's the Febreze when you need it most?... WHEW!... LOL.

Comment

Yes, some sounds MAY be reused from UT99 and may be 2k4, if they have a nostalgic value. But even then, the sounds in UT99 were very low quality so I am sure that if they do include them, they will be using higher quality original source material and remastered.. Otherwise sound quality would be inconsistent.

I stick to "placeholders" on most counts, since Epic themselves have stated that until very recently, things have been constantly iterated in terms of gameplay. Gameplay is worked on in house, sounds are hired out. The cost of hiring voice, sfx and other studio talent isn't cheap, so this is often one of the "final touch" sort of things. You don't want to have to do it more than once.

They have also stated that many old assets including meshes and sounds are placeholders in previous interviews.

Comment

The health vial sound is from 99, as you heard in the ps3 noob-play. I do wish that the DD makes a return to 99 as well.

Comment

Working...
          X