X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new sound effects??

Check out this gameplay video:
    http://levi.teamspeak.org/downloads/...lais_33556.rar

(If you can't play the video, it's because the extracted filename is too long. Just rename it to something shorter)

You can definitely hear sound effects from original UT and UT2k4. It's kind of disappointing that they are reusing old sound effects in a brand new game.

Of course it's too early to really say that this is the final state of UT3, but they don't have a whole heck of a lot of time left to introduce all new sound effects.

Placeholders !? That's my bet.

Comment

So generally speaking, they should reinvent sounds like a car engine and explosions?

Comment

I can't be bothered to unrar a video just to see what you're talking about but it is probably a months old video. They are not reusing ANY assets from any previous games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
          I can't be bothered to unrar a video just to see what you're talking about but it is probably a months old video. They are not reusing ANY assets from any previous games.
          I think you're right. The video is from February 2007. But even so, why would they wait until the last few months of development to replace the sounds? How do you know they are not reusing any assets? where did you hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
            your wrong champ, newer videos today i've heard reuse UT99 and UT2k4 sounds. The "Flag Alarm" is from the old UT99

Comment

i would expect they are "place holders" as said. put it in the working demo for the pre release, and suprise people later. when you first play the demo release, it should be a total mind #$@*.
              actually, there are sounds i'd just-a-soon (sp?) leave the same .
              the power-ups like the DD, so i know what is going on

Comment

I haven't really noticed any rehashed sounds from older titles, but honestly, if they're good, why change them?

Comment

I hope the sounds are all new.. UT2004 sounds sucked (except the player weapon sounds) especially the vehicular sounds.. the vehicle weapons sounded soooo unbelievably weak, what worrys me is the manta seems to sound the same in the latest trailer silly pew pew pew sounds sounds like the sound a PC speaker makes, sounded kool in the E3 05 vid where it sat onto of the golioth

Comment

Once I can hear the sound effects, i'll be happy. UT2k4 had a problem of wimpy sounding weapons, not enough ambient/enviromental sounds and quiet as a mouse stealth vehicles!!

Sounds communicate so much about the enviroment, the weapons, the feeling that they are almost as important to get right as visuals. They give the game atmosphere, tell you when a weapon is powerful and intimidating etc etc

When A Darkwalker starts stalking around the map, I want to be able to hear it far of in the distance, marching ominously closer. If anyone has seen War of the Worlds (2005) they'll remeber that freak fog horn like noise the Tripods made when that drowned out all other noises- That was awesome.

Comment

Place holders, the first few demos of UE2 was still using original UT99 weapons with terrain and new models. Sounds can be added any time.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                        Place holders, the first few demos of UE2 was still using original UT99 weapons with terrain and new models. Sounds can be added any time.
                        I don't think they are place holders. Not this late in the project. Many of those sound like remixed/re recorded versions of the original UT/UT2kx sounds. they wouldn't do that if it was just place holders. Also, Unreal2 used sounds from UT in the retail product. UC2 also used some sounds pinched from Unreal 2!

I think they re-used sounds from UT for people who were nostalgic about the original UT and felt ****** off at UT2kx!

Comment

1. Placeholders.

2. Old video.

Do I need to find a date for the video?

Comment

Speaking of sound, does anyone know if UT3 will support custom soundtracks?

Comment

Originally posted by SPECTRE View Post
                              1. Placeholders.

2. Old video.

Do I need to find a date for the video?

Not placeholders in the new videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X