Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For best performance,which OS is better for PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i reckon that if u have 2GB of RAM, Vista performance won't be all that bad compared to XP, so...

I think it depends on many factors, but overall there won't be a big difference between the selected operating systems. so i'd rather not vote

Comment

Originally posted by Cenotaph
      i reckon that if u have 2GB of RAM, Vista performance won't be all that bad compared to XP, so...
      This is exactly the problem with Vista. You need a very good rig to make it almost as fast as XP. If you don't have, well you need to upgrade. OK a memory upgrade is not expensive, but ****, that's an hidden cost. Do you have an AMD 939 system with a Opteron 165 DC an DFI Lanparty MB? Will you sell that rig for half the price or even less, or is it worthwhile to invest on older DDR? What kind of hardware do most people have at home? We could go on...

Comment

Ok, seriously y resist the change to Vista? Its not unstable anymore and we all know it's dominence is inevitable anyway. Its only a matter of time before Vista replaces XP just as XP replaced the OS before it. The only time this order hasnt occured was with Windows ME, which Vista does not seem to be like. So if your building a new rig with good power, might as well get Vista and let updates do its work and in a little while it'l be apparent tht its better than XP.

Comment

I believe the simplest way it will integrate itself is the commoner's way of buying the in store PCs, which are going Vista.

Comment

well, i've been running vista in a 4+ years old pc (updated graphics card only) and i can't say that i don't have good performance. But Vista is clearly an OS built for today's computers, that is true. However, that isn't really a problem, as XP is a really good OS and is still the most supported, so there is no problem with sticking to XP and old rigs, at least for now.

Comment

Voted Vista, supports Direct x10 and better faster performances for these type of new games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasic View Post
                ...supports Direct x10 and better faster performances for these type of new games.
                like TDU yeah right!!
                this is why voted for xp

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post
                  Ok, seriously y resist the change to Vista?
                  Mate, if you buy a new rig, then yeah *maybe* you should go for Vista, even if UT3 runs somewhat slower. Depends on what rig, which settings you want to play and so on.

But resisting? I really don't have to resist anything I just go on with my life, (trying to have one ).
                  Ex: the guys that make something to drink are the ones that must prove that it worths what they ask for it. And then people get it or not. You don't really need to choose between Coca-Cola and Pepsi. How about a glass of water? Ice Tea? Or maybe some alternative drink like Red Bull or Guarana Antartica. ?

Some guys prefer XP, Vista, Linux, others prefer Mac. And others will play on a console. Any of them evaluate what they want and get it. What I like and my particular needs are different than yours, etc... And that will only depend on other people's valid technical arguments. The same way it would be lame to drink what I don't like, just because people around me say that it's cool, ignoring if it is healthy or tastes good

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                    But resisting? I really don't have to resist anything
                    Alright, resisting was too harsh a word. I didnt mean it as saying everyone should go out and grab Vista, just saying tht those ppl who keep keep saying Vista sucks should realise tht it doesnt and all their doing is making others turn away from a perfectly fine OS, even tho it might have a few little kinks left in it. As a note, I am building a comp soon and still havnt completely decided but I'm 90% sure im going with Vista since its the next generation, but XP still kicks *** I just want to try out the new toy.

Comment

Alright, resisting was too harsh a word. I didnt mean it as saying everyone should go out and grab Vista, just saying tht those ppl who keep keep saying Vista sucks should realise tht it doesnt and all their doing is making others turn away from a perfectly fine OS, even tho it might have a few little kinks left in it. As a note, I am building a comp soon and still havnt completely decided but I'm 90% sure im going with Vista since its the next generation, but XP still kicks *** I just want to try out the new toy.
                      Ah, sorry man.

Comment

Ok, seriously y resist the change to Vista? Its not unstable anymore and we all know it's dominence is inevitable anyway. Its only a matter of time before Vista replaces XP just as XP replaced the OS before it. The only time this order hasnt occured was with Windows ME, which Vista does not seem to be like. So if your building a new rig with good power, might as well get Vista and let updates do its work and in a little while it'l be apparent tht its better than XP.
                        What exactly are the advantages of Vista over XP? Why would anyone want Vista 32 bit? 32 bit CPU based computers are very old. Why invest in such a conversion on old hardware? Why not wait until you purchase an up to date box? Which version of Vista? I mean there are like 4 versions each of 32 bit and 64 bit, which one? What does Vista do so much better than XP? Does it do anything that XP cannot? Are there any benchmarks showing Vista vs XP performance? XP is actually a pretty solid OS now that many of the security holes have been patched. Obviously, if your going to buy a new system from Dell, HP, or Gateway, then yes, Vista is a perfect choice because that's the way it comes. But an upgrade just to upgrade is not something for everyone. The only real reason to upgrade is that you need to unless it's your way to have fun.

I know one thing it does, it adds alot of work for IT staff to test. They are still selling XP computers to business and orgs who are not ready to convert. There is a huge cost involved in such a conversion, not just the price of the site license, or the cost of upgrading all the systems, but the cost counted in man years for the conversion process for the dozens, hundreds, or thousands of systems involved. There are many of us that think the only reason to convert is that XP security upgrades and support will eventually end. Microsoft has basically given us no choice except to convert. That is the power of the monopoly they have.

Why convert from DOS 3.1 to DOS 5.0? that was like a step function in all areas
                        Why convert from DOS 5.0 to Windows 3.0? obvious, escape from command line
                        then from Win 3.1 to Win 95? obvious huge advances in usability
                        then from Win 95 to Win98 2nd ed? USB support
                        then from win 95 or 98 to NT? no 500 Mb memory limit, but no USB in NT, stable
                        then from Win 98 or NT to win 2000 pro? USB support plus no 500 MB memory limit, stable, last good one
                        then from Win 2000 pro to XP? no good reason at all, virus playtime, blue screen of death
                        from Win 2000 pro to XP 64 bit? Only if the performance is better for games
                        from XP to Vista? none that I have learned of as yet, to pay homage to Microsoft

Comment

With the demo online today,which one is better,XP or Vista?

Comment

Well by watching the poll which 1 you think its better

Comment

You can't tell from a biased a$$ poll like this. Most of these people probably didn't even use Vista to account proper opinion for and probably 99% of these votes are before the demo even came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X