Time will tell.

Comment

Yes it will...

But i think we'll all be satisfied...

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
        vCTF is with vehicles
        CTF is without vehicles
        I'm not sure UT2007 makes a distinction between vCTF and CTF.

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
        Some CTF maps will have vehicles, others won't.
        See this post for context: Capture the Flag for UT 2007 -- as good as UT '99 CTF?

Comment

Originally posted by MindRiot View Post
          I'm not sure UT2007 makes a distinction between vCTF and CTF.
          Latest information says they are again separate gametypes... and that it's no longer called UT2k7.

EDIT:
          Interview thread
          Do you like it thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
            Latest information says they are again separate gametypes... and that it's no longer called UT2k7.
            I didn't realize they decided to separate them.

Yes, I know UT2007 is now called UT3. I've been reading too many old posts were the game is discussed as UT2007.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
              It depends.

DM/TDM is 99% without vehicles, I think (it sounded that there might be one vehicle in one map in DM, but it could have been another gametype too)
              vCTF is with vehicles
              CTF is without vehicles
              Warfare is with vehicles, but you have the hoverboard to go to the action quite fast, teleport from node to node or use the jumppads that are there.
              Is onslaught gonna be in UT3???

Comment

Originally posted by Ramplayer3 View Post
                Is onslaught gonna be in UT3???
                In a manner of speaking, yes.

There is a new gametype called Warfare that combines certain aspects of ONS with certain aspects of AS. We haven't been given a lot of information as to what exactly that means yet.

BeyondUnreal Interviews: Steve Polge

BU: Has Onslaught been combined with Warfare to create a single gametype?

SP: There is no longer a separate Onslaught game type. Warfare combines the Onslaught and Assault game types from past Unreal Tournaments, with nodes and the PowerCore providing an overall strategic flow while special objectives and the orb provide unique missions within the match. With the flexible warfare objective system, level designers can create levels that play like classic Onslaught or classic Assault. The orb system has gone through a lot of iteration, and we’re really excited about the game play mechanics we’ve settled on for the orb. We no longer have separate “conduit” objectives. Each team has a single orb, and the orb can be delivered to a node to instantly capture it, or defensively used to lock down and shield a node. This has proved to work very well in practice, allowing rapid coordinated counterattacks as well as the ability to really defend a critical node effectively. Playing as an orb runner allows you to be a hero, and gives you the same kind of adrenaline rush as making a flag run in CTF.

Comment

I always felt like vehicles in the UT series were a total gimmick. They do little to nothing to enhance gameplay and if you're walking around without a vehicle you can kiss your butt goodbye. They're too tough and they're too overpowered to make the game fair for the people NOT riding in vehicles.

People play the vehicle based games for a while, and then always come back to the core gameplay.

Comment

Epic/Midway are promoting the vehicles a bit more to draw in more possible customers from the "slower" games. Don't worry, Epic knows how to make a real good in-your-face fast paced FPS.

Comment

Just to tackle another point for the OP:

There were some videos released showing DM and CTF action, a few months ago. You could probably find videos to it by looking at PlanetUnreal or BeyondUnreal, or perhaps googling it. Looks very satisfying IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                        People play the vehicle based games for a while, and then always come back to the core gameplay.
                        Vehicle gametypes have become the "core gameplay" for me. Of course, that also has to do with the extended objectives. I can no longer limit myself to merely skipping around some techno-dungeon looking for people to kill in eight different ways.

Comment

I think destructable environments among other things are gonna change the dynamic of on-foot play. Killing a whole enemy team by dropping a wall on their heads, anyone?

Comment

I'm in...

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                              Vehicle gametypes have become the "core gameplay" for me. Of course, that also has to do with the extended objectives. I can no longer limit myself to merely skipping around some techno-dungeon looking for people to kill in eight different ways.
                              Very well put. Thanks.

Comment

I'm old school. I like DM (Although the Freon mode mod is quite enjoyable)
                                I will say though that I also liked the other modes in 2k4 but not as much as DM. That said, Vehicles don't necessarily ruin DM. I've played a number of VDM maps, and like regular DM it's about keeping the pace, and balancing the vehicles. A VDM map should feel like V8, or TM. A number of maps do this already, and I'm sure whatever ones ship in UT3 will be better than those.

Comment

Working...
                                X