CTF and vCTF seperated. Do you like it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF and vCTF seperated. Do you like it.

I am glad it is seperated. Sounds good. I can start up with two different setups. One HolyS1it for the vehicle warfare and one with reduced setting for the competitive gameplay.

Yeah, good stuff

Comment

I like this development. I feel it would have been a bad thing to have some maps be with TL and without vehicles, and then immediately the next map be the opposite. At least with keeping them two separate gametypes that experience is avoided.

BTW I bet that normal CTF can still use vehicles, so that could be interesting. I just want to have my TL with me at all time, and I can get that with normal CTF.

Comment

Jolly good show old chap!

Thumbs up from me. VCTF and CTF are too different to be merged, im glad VCTF now has its own seperate option in the menu as it deserves it. I love CTF and i love vehicles so its the best gametype for me (though warfare may top that) and this will also help avoid arguments/confusion between parts of the community.

Comment

I think it makes sense.
          When two gametypes have both different rules and different maps, there's no point in keeping them as one gametype.

Comment

I think it was a good move, definitely. I personally enjoy VCTF much more then CTF, but to me it wouldn't have mattered as much than to other people because I like both gametypes. But for those that don't really like one or the other, this solves that problem without having to make their own filters.

Comment

Wondering why it was ever considered in the first place...

A rare bit of 100% good news. I like it

Comment

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I feel that everyone likes this development. Having the two mixed together didn't particularly bother me, but I can see how it would trouble others. So, I give this move...Three Thumbs, way up!!!

Comment

I'm very pleased and Epic did the right decision. Let the pure CTF and vCTF be both on its own so yeah - good move!

Comment

Yup, all good in my book

Comment

Yep it's good. Disastrous that it ends there though

Comment

as long as this time vCTF has some actually decent maps and not all the horribly designed, over emphasis on the manta run, piece of **** maps that are out there now.

oh and i love how they keep in the least popular fledgling gametype (vCTF) and shaft their most popular fledgling gametype (ONS). i just pray to god Warfare doesnt suck ***.

Comment

More!

I hope that tabs can be created (still) and be fully filterable for all modes. Even if there was a SQL like language, thats easy to use of course, would make life so much more livable when looking for a server. (I just keep thinking about programs like M$ Excel and how easy it is to find things w/filters.)

Intentsly

Comment

Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
                            as long as this time vCTF has some actually decent maps and not all the horribly designed, over emphasis on the manta run, piece of **** maps that are out there now.

oh and i love how they keep in the least popular fledgling gametype (vCTF) and shaft their most popular fledgling gametype (ONS). i just pray to god Warfare doesnt suck ***.
                            Well all the VCTF maps out there were made by the community of course, and yes there were bad ones, but it can be hard to know what works with such a new gametype. Still i remember the good ones, and there were plenty - Antropolis, Battleline, Redrooms, AgressiveAlleys (fragbu), Coldblood, (the new) Starrz, Timberland etc...

I've even made some myself, but i have alot of work in progress maps also - it can be really hard to get the gameplay right when your trying to make it visually appealing as well. Even the best concept can faulter when its made into a map - and of course u cant please everyone.

On your second point, remember Warfare is an improved onslaught. Tbh i gor bored of onslaught quickly so i think the new elements may bring me back into the gametype - it sounds much more exciting now.

Comment

Yep this is a good move. Otherwise we would have to call UT3 a FPD as in First Person Driver. hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X