This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic, where's the love now?

(A copy and paste from a reply I made to a thread that was deleted before I hit submit)

While the OP went about his argument the wrong way and showed horrible stupidity, I'm glad Epic is getting a lot of negative feedback of any caliber from the recent E3 announcement. Given Epic's major success on the 360, it's below cold to not return the gratitude. Gears PC exclusive levels (a big deal, oh yes, and I'm not even remotely close to being even a big Gears fan), UT3's 360 status changed, what's next? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say my support (money) will never head Epic's way ever again. They could reverse their decision, make the most unreal game known to man, whatever, I'd rather burn my money than pay for a bunch (though I'm sure not all agree with the situation inside epic) of ungrateful employees to eat and provide (though I'm certain they'll be fine, regardless). Some of them already called us (gamers) dumb when one of their reasons for not releasing a third installment in the UC series was that some key developers felt UC2 was "too hard"... now all of this.

It's okay, in my opinion, to release it only on PC. Hell, it's originally a PC game series to begin with. It's my belief that FPS games are made for the PC and anything we console gamers get is a sweet deal. However, to expand a console game on a non console platform and to do anything negative to one console after so much success granted to you by us, the users, of the console, is just... below wrong. Eventually, it will release, I know, but something just doesn't set well with me on Epic's most recent news bits. Will this become a trend? Will Epic, from here on out, keep us 360 users on the back burner? Just a few questions that I never imagined asking myself about Epic.

If they where doing these things to the PC version of UT3, ouch. I'm sure Epic's lifetime would be significantly shorter. They can only eat off of past Unreal titles so long before the pantry runs out.

Unreal Championship got stuff that UT2003 (PC version) did not. It was exclusive only to the X-Box. We didn't ***** that we didn't get what the X-Box got. We played what we had.
    I wish they would have made UC2 for the PC, but we didn't get that either.
    Unreal Editor seems to come standard with all EPIC made PC games, so IMO that doesn't even count as new content.
    We didn't get Gears of War when it went retail, only the 360 did. We're getting a year old game that we'll probably have to pay full price for.. I'm not even going to ***** because I'm just happy I'll be able to play it on my comp. Also, as Hal mention in one of his posts. I really do wish 360 owners would get the extra couple of chapters and maps, so you would quit moaning an groaning about it. One last thing on this. MS pushed EPIC to release the game, so you only have MS to blame for your supposed incomplete game. Even if EPIC wasn't pushed to release the game and actually just stayed working on it until they themselves felt that the game was ready, the people on the forums would have done just as they're doing now and *****ed, cried and threatened Epic that they'll never buy another game because it's not released and bla bla ****ing bla.
    UT3 was supposed to be a PS3/PC game, but you guys are again getting that too.
    360 owners need to quit being so **** greedy and selfish.

Comment

Are all 360 owners teary eyed drama queens? =/

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
        360 owners need to quit being so **** greedy and selfish.
        Thank you good sir

It was the 1st game shown on PS3, like Mark Rein said what did you expect.
        Im curious as to how 360 will even fit 40 levels on disc

Comment

"Boo hoo, i got a 360 and Epic isn't releasing UT3 at the same time as the other machines, boo hoo hoo"

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren78 View Post
            "Boo hoo, i got a 360 and Epic isn't releasing UT3 at the same time as the other machines, boo hoo hoo"

Pathetic.
            Seconded!

Quit yer bellyachin'!

Comment

there is no new trend,

EPIC is using their multiplatform engine to bring their games to more than 1 platform, a logical consequence.
              ®

Comment

Things the OP clearly hasn't even thought about the fact that PC versions of games that come out on consoles typically have expansions and mods not available to consoles. Gears of War is no different. This pretty much trumps his _entire_ complaint.

Comment

why did you guys bough a 360 if you love the game that much.

IF YOU GUYS REALLY LOVED UT YOU WOULDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT PLAYING IT ON A CONSOLE

Comment

Working...
                  X