Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games for Windows Live? Xbox 360?

Question #1:

Will Unreal Tournament 3 use Games for Windows Live? It was announced at MS's E3 Conference that it's being built into the UE3, so, will it be a Games for Windows Live Title?

Question #2:

It's still going to come out on Xbox 360, right?

We dont know, and xbox will be next year.

Comment

I doubt it. UT3 just moved closer to the PS3 and GFWL would hinder that.

Comment

I thought one of the official announcements said that UT3 will support Games for Windows, which would imply to me at least some sort of compatability between X360 and PC versions of UT3. But that is by no means certain. I personally think that's what the holdup is about, trying to attempt such compatability.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
          I thought one of the official announcements said that UT3 will support Games for Windows, which would imply to me at least some sort of compatability between X360 and PC versions of UT3. But that is by no means certain. I personally think that's what the holdup is about, trying to attempt such compatability.
          All I heard is that GFWL will be implemented into UEngine 3... ..not UT3.

And from Mark's recent interviews I get the impression that it won't be used in UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
            All I heard is that GFWL will be implemented into UEngine 3... ..not UT3. And from Mark's recent interviews I get the impression that it won't be used in UT3.
            Ah I did not know that. I thought the GFW business was for UT3. Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Also, don't mix up Games For Windows, and Games For Windows Live.

Comment

it should use the LIVE function for both 360 and pc. because since ps3 gets the downloadable mods, 360 should have something to interact with the pc also.

and yes its coming to 360 next year

Comment

Live is nothing special to the average PC gamer. All Live is is something that makes us pay for what we have always gotten for free.

Comment

i read something a month of so ago that while it is supported in the engine. Epic is not going to use it in UT. The majority of UT players dont want it.

Comment

Working...
                    X