Single player campaign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single player campaign?

I think they might implement a sort of Unreal 3 (note lack of "Tournament") single player where there's a real story like in Unreal 2 instead of a ladder with bots. It's already confirmed that it'll be different but I think this might be the way they'll do it since they also mentioned you going after revenge cause of the Necris invasion stuff.

um...ok? aren't there other threads you could have posted this in?

Comment

None on this page. Never really look beyond it unless I haven't been on for a month+

Comment

We've already been told several times that there is no "ladder with bots."

It's a hell of a lot more complex than that. The best way I can describe it, at least from my hopelessly ignorant point of view (being the consumer fed only by released information thusfar), is the single player campaign will best function as a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story, where after every match, you choose what to do or where to go next. They've said many times that the story will branch off in several, and I mean several, directions, many of which will completely alter the story and missions ahead of you based on your success or failure in attempted missions.

Comment

It has been confirmed that the SP will feel like like a MP game. You play a map, die, respawn, die, respawn, die respawn... ...you get new ressources when playing good, have a story with cutscenes, a branching story even, and a few maps not in MP.

You think totally changing that will make it into the game till november ????

Comment

Oh didn't know it would be as fast paced at MP style. (it was a lot slower in the Unreal games). I don't know what you really mean with your last comment but I didn't mean to change anything already confirmed, I was just speculating on things I obviously didn't know, got any links?

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
              Oh didn't know it would be as fast paced at MP style. (it was a lot slower in the Unreal games). I don't know what you really mean with your last comment but I didn't mean to change anything already confirmed, I was just speculating on things I obviously didn't know, got any links?
              AH, I see. Looked like a request. No, unfortunately I do not have any links, because Morris said this in a print magazine (the "it plays like a MP game" comment). The rest is also found over various interviews on BU and stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X