Onslaught and warfare combined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onslaught and warfare combined

And they can be modded to be like old ONS or assault.

That will be confusion, chaos and hellbender super shock race, that one round of will destroy stats and achievements.

Not much more to say, because the consequences are pretty self evident from looking at UT04 assault. Please give them placeholder names, so that mappers can slot their maps into race, ONS, Warfare or assault, and so that the stats are dealt with seperately.

For novices, have a default that throws them all together, by all means. But if we check "allow extended gametypes" - please allow us to seperate them out from the server browser.

Wait... you can play race maps and care about your stats at the same time? Cool.

Comment

It's not for me to say which gametypes people should be playing.

By racing remains popular, and yep, I do fire it up now and again for a laugh and to practice my hellbender sniping.

Comment

Race maps, the killer of 2k4 Assault.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsoul View Post
          Race maps, the killer of 2k4 Assault.
          ack.

can't find any good assault server anymore
          ®

Comment

Precisely. which is why racing, assault, ONS and Warfare need to be split.

Comment

or maybe that you can just put "AS" in front of the map name, and, like vCTF in ut2004, the gametype assault will be listed.

Comment

Originally posted by MuLuNGuS View Post
                ack.

can't find any good assault server anymore
                ®
                the last one closed down a few weeks ago. lack of activity and donations. You can join the community that www.drylobster.com though. Most welcoming community there is (so long as ST is not around)

Comment

First try, then complain. Don't whine before you have a chance to try something out. Warfare could be the most wonderfullest thing you've even done. If not, some sweet mod will come out for you to play AS or ONS. NO worries!

Comment

You won't even need a mod, just a mapper, if this is to be believed.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/198_1.php

With the flexible warfare objective system, level designers can create levels that play like classic Onslaught or classic Assault.

Comment

Originally posted by >>Gunslinger<< View Post
                      First try, then complain. Don't whine before you have a chance to try something out. Warfare could be the most wonderfullest thing you've even done. If not, some sweet mod will come out for you to play AS or ONS. NO worries!
                      Why wait when i can make the exact same complaint now? On the old Epic forums I had many locked threads asking why AS was removed and explained why Conquest (at that time) was not even close to the same. Even Felin post and made a massive post. To bad those forums are gone, most intelligent I have ever seen Felin. *edit* sweet, i found it :P

Comment

Don't confuse yourselves. That doesn't mean that there will be "assault style" maps released with the game. Only that it is theoretically possible to do without creating a new gametype.

Comment

I'd just like Onslaught+ONS-Arctic+Christmas reeth (mod for 2k4)setup.

Comment

Originally posted by TWD View Post
                            Don't confuse yourselves. That doesn't mean that there will be "assault style" maps released with the game. Only that it is theoretically possible to do without creating a new gametype.
                            i don't think anyone has thought that so far...

Comment

yes, mappers can make "almost" any gametype fun to play, it just depends on how good the map fits the gametype and the gametype fits the map

Comment

Working...
                              X