Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Polge Interview: New info (CTF lovers rejoice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Polge Interview: New info (CTF lovers rejoice)

Steve Polge was kind enough to answer a few questions and provide some new information.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/198_1.php

One thing that I know CTF lovers will like:

BU: Why were CTF and vCTF combined? Will they be filterable?

SP: Actually, they are separate game types now, with separate tabs in the server browser.

Yay! Now I can avoid the annoying translocator!

joking... mostly.

With the flexible warfare objective system, level designers can create levels that play like classic Onslaught or classic Assault.
    That'll make both the ONS and AS camps happy I hope.

Comment

Awesome Hal, much thanks!

Comment

Good to hear about the mod-ability of the Warfare maps, hope it doesn't turn into lolvehiclerace2k7 again...

Also, great interview overall.

Comment

BU: Why were CTF and vCTF combined? Will they be filterable?

SP: Actually, they are separate game types now, with separate tabs in the server browser.
          Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm glad Epic decided to do the right thing!

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
            Good to hear about the mod-ability of the Warfare maps, hope it doesn't turn into lolvehiclerace2k7 again...

Also, great interview overall.
            Most likely!

Comment

Sometimes, you only need one word to describe something.

Today, that word is: Kickass.

Comment

Awesome questions! Thanks

Comment

For example, the impact hammer alt fire is a small emp blast that can... knock power ups off of enemy players.
                  Sounds like a freshly spawned player could knock a stacked guy down a bit before taking out the real firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                    That'll make both the ONS and AS camps happy I hope.
                    No. Assaulters will have to wait for good mappers to come in from the 99 communities since all the 2k4 AS mappers "where not good". The first maps would probably be some more retarded race maps. Weeeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsoul View Post
                      No. Assaulters will have to wait for good mappers to come in from the 99 communities since all the 2k4 AS mappers sucked. The first maps would probably be some more retarded race maps. Weeeeee.
                      Are you saying Angel Mapper's AS map sucked? Shes a 2k4 mapper.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueA View Post
                        Are you saying Angel Mapper's AS map sucked? Shes a 2k4 mapper.
                        heh, good start, but needed tweaks to make them truly playable.

Only good maps are the stock ones, and Venguard did good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsoul View Post
                          No. Assaulters will have to wait for good mappers to come in from the 99 communities since all the 2k4 AS mappers "where not good". The first maps would probably be some more retarded race maps. Weeeeee.
                          The point is that the functionality is there. People have been talking about making AS mods and ONS mods without having ever played WAR. Regardless of what is or isn't in UT3 someone is going to complain about it.

I'm not one for race maps either, but that's the beauty of UT... everyone can have what they want. Sure it splits the community, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

I want to smash someone in the giant garbage disposal.

Comment

Don't worry about the splitting of the community. That had nothing to do with UT2004 online player counts. If the game is good, it will have 10,000+ players online 24/7 and they'll all play the game for a few years after its release and it won't matter if they're divided up amongst 10 predominant game types.

The people who lament the "fragmenting" of the UT2004 community should examine the overall UT2004 human player counts.

Comment

Working...
                              X