Vortex Rikers Multiplayer Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Rikers Multiplayer Level

The first level of Unreal 1 has always been memorable for me. I tought that making a multiplayer map for UT2007 based on the Vortex Rikers level of Unreal would be great, and it would remind some players about Unreal 1.

The only problem i have with this is that I never tried to design 1st person shooter levels, and it sounds very hard.

If you think that my idea is good, say it, and I'l think of it later. Thanks!

i guess that map was really cool cuz its appears in the first unreal and then comes back in the Unreal tournament 99 in the mod " OPERATION NA PALI" and it was really nice i guess that map could be reallly cool.....

Comment

I haven't played unreal I, but i have played na Pali. The Rikers level was when you went inside that seemingly abandoned ship right?

Comment

Baron made a version for UT2004 if any of you are interested,
        http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6124

I would love it if the community made a 4 man coop remake of Unreal for UT3
        Maybe released as chapters.

Anyway, looking forward to hear more on this

Comment

To stephen_wq : No, it is the level at the very start of the game when the ship crashes. But I watched a video of Na Pali and it seems that the ship doesn't crash. I don't if this is the right ship...

To Wowbagger: Tanks for the link! I have UT2004, so i'l download it.

Comment

A map set near a crashed spaceship could be cool. Perhaps a Warfare map.

Comment

I just don't think that this level is good DM - it was made with SP in mind.

Comment

Yeah, but if you watch carefully when you play the level, you will notice that 1 or 2 doors (the big gray doors with the yellow Vortex Rikers logo on it) don't open when you approach them. Maybe that the DM map could give the possibility to go trough them, and that would expand the map.

P.S: For those that don't have Unreal 1, there is a possiblity to see the Vortex Rikers logo in Unreal Tournament 2004. Just create a game in CTF FaceClassic. The logo you see when entering the blue base is the Vortex Rikers logo.

Comment

Working...
                X