Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pc and nothing more =D

Comment

I think we all know the answer to this poll.

Comment

....Isn't the PS3 just an underclocked 7800?..

Also, on the PS3 you can't run AA/AF.

Also, you have to play at crappy resolutions unless you have a 3,000 dollar HDTV.

Also I don't like motion blurring to cover up crappy mid - twenties framerates.

PC all the way, these whole "It's more Xpensivee!" claims are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DefJam101 View Post
          PC all the way, these whole "It's more Xpensivee!" claims are ridiculous.
          O'RLY?
          Since you've got so much money, can you give me 2000€ to upgrade my pc?

Comment

PC 4 the win!!

Comment

Why would someone plan on getting a combination of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie_PT View Post
                O'RLY?
                Since you've got so much money, can you give me 2000€ to upgrade my pc?
                This is the attitude I'm talking about, lol.

What do you do with a console? You play games.

What do you do with a PC? You Play games...and

You use your PC for OTHER THINGS!! I use mine for Internet/Photoshop/Modding/Video Editing/Music/****/AND GAMES.

You cannot take the whole cost of your PC into account because EVERY PART OF YOUR PC IS USED FOR OTHER THINGS (aside from a physics card)!!!

If I didn't have a great CPU I couldnt run 45(lol) programs running at the same time and not have stutters/freezes NOR could I edit video at such high speeds.

My hard drive is used to store other stuff besides games, so that doesn't go into the cost either.

My keyboard I use...to write stuff (duh).

Speakers & soundcard are used for listening to high quality music more than just games.

If you have a big monitor (I don't..1280x1024) you use that extra real estate for easier browsing (more windows etc., less cluttered desktop). If you're going to try and count the cost of a monitor into this then you'll find yourself get pwn3d when you add in your $2000 HDTV that's half the resolution of most $1200 monitors (You can't even run AA on HDTV, either..).

Honestly you cannot calculate the exact cost of your PC, but these claims are ridiculous! People think you are paying 3000+ dollars for gaming, you are NOT.

Take your videocard and subtract 10% of the cost from the first one, if you have SLI don't subtract 10% from the second one.

Take 3/10's of the cost of your CPU.

Take 30% off the cost of your RAM.

Add a physics card if you bought one.

Add that up and that's about how much you are paying for gaming, give or take $100 dollars or so. It is personal preference, but $900 for 60FPS at high resolution with top-notch gameplay and more complex games sounds a lot better than paying $600 (PS3) to play something at 30 FPS with quality-killing motion blurring at low resolution with limited mod support, not to mention a lack of RTS/Strategy/Simulation/Space Combat games. If you don't mind these things then don't buy/upgrade a PC, it's no big deal.

I'm not saying consoles suck, they have some very quality games (Halo 2 , Gears O' War) but you get what you pay for. Hell, I own a 360 and I use it every once and a while (It was a gift, though..).

Ultimately you have to decide, and you have 4 choices.

1. Buy a PC, OR UPGRADE YOUR EXISTING PC(!!!Not enough people do this!!!), don't get scammed into paying $7000 for it, and understand that you made a good choice.

2. Buy a $7000 dollar PC and think you are the man, and think you made a good choice.

3. Buy a console for $600-$400 and understand that because you don't mind not having the best quality visuals and top-notch gameplay NOR lots of Strategy games (you may not like them anyways!), you made a good choice about buying a console.

4. Buy a $600 dollar console and say "LLOLl you PCers got SC4MEd my CONSLO is leik more powrFL than yur dumbtard PC LOLOLOLOLLL GUITAR HERO!!1!1eleven"

You'll be hard-pressed to find an American that doesn't have a PC these days.

You'll be even harder-pressed to find an American who can't turn that same PC into a nice gaming machine for a few hundred dollars.

Comment

PS3

Cant wait to see what Epic can do with CELL.

Comment

well based upon what has been said by epic so far, it sounds like they dont have a problem with the cell. But since the sony gpu is only 2 6600 gforces sli'd

and since 1 geforce 6600 is the suggested minimum. Well then ps3 gpu is 2x the minimum.

The 360 gpu is a lot mroe powerful. Thats why epic has said quality wise all eyes are on the 360.

That and sony's 256mb restrictive video memory make things harder.

im pretty positive that physics and stuff will prob run a lot better on ps3 tho. But as for grx im sure the 360 has that one. but all around pc wins the prize

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
                      well based upon what has been said by epic so far, it sounds like they dont have a problem with the cell. But since the sony gpu is only 2 6600 gforces sli'd

and since 1 geforce 6600 is the suggested minimum. Well then ps3 gpu is 2x the minimum.

The 360 gpu is a lot mroe powerful. Thats why epic has said quality wise all eyes are on the 360.

That and sony's 256mb restrictive video memory make things harder.

im pretty positive that physics and stuff will prob run a lot better on ps3 tho. But as for grx im sure the 360 has that one. but all around pc wins the prize
                      ? I thought the sony GPU resembled a 7800, albeit downclocked & w/ less VRAM?

Comment

This poll will be a wee bit biased since everyone reading this thread is doing so on a PC, presumably.

Comment

I'll be getting it on the PC (once I get it upgraded ofcourse), if that takes too long I might consider getting it for my 360.

Comment

Originally posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
                            This poll will be a wee bit biased since everyone reading this thread is doing so on a PC, presumably.
                            Having access to a PC that can access the internet is considerably different from having access to one that'll play UT3.

Just saying.

Comment

PC and PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
                                I agree. The majority of members here are comprised primarily of PC users, and then in second comes the members that play Gears of War on 360. I assure you, there are a LOT of PS3 owners out there looking forward to UT3, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X