Questions for Hal - TY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for Hal - TY

Not sure if Hal can answer any of these, or even if you will see this thread, but any answers at all will be good =)

Thanks.

1. The most important one. Did the game feel at all simplified, "consolized", dumbed down, or nerfed? I was beginning to expect this game to be the next Oblivion, but I am hoping desperately that this is not true.

2. Is there a reddish flash on the character models when they get hit w/ weapons? I always hated this effect, and if it is implemented, is there a way to turn it off? (If you know..)

3. Can you run people over w/ the hoverboard? Or is it strictly "transportation."?

4. ....Are there Gen Mo'Kai? These are my favorite characters and yet I haven't seen them at all in any videos/pictures. =(

5. How well are the vehicles balanced? Are they "different but equal" or mirror images w/ different models?

6. Are there animations for picking up the flag?

7. How do the gibs look?

I'm not sure if you can answer any of these (you might've answered some in threads already but I haven't been able to find these.)

Thanks if you can tell me anything

,Def

3. Can you run people over w/ the hoverboard? Or is it strictly "transportation."
    In one of the interviews someone at EPIC said they took this out... as in they tried it, and it sucked.

Comment

Hal aint game developer he is good community member in beyond unreal you can read his hands on preview here:
      http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/180_1.php

Comment

1. The most important one. Did the game feel at all simplified, "consolized", dumbed down, or nerfed? I was beginning to expect this game to be the next Oblivion, but I am hoping desperately that this is not true.

It didn't feel that way - but we didn't get to see anything outside of the game (ie menu). It felt like a UT game is all I can say.

2. Is there a reddish flash on the character models when they get hit w/ weapons? I always hated this effect, and if it is implemented, is there a way to turn it off? (If you know..)

Yes, there is a reddish flash. Not sure if it can be turned off, but if it annoys a lot of people, I'm sure they'll find a way around it.

3. Can you run people over w/ the hoverboard? Or is it strictly "transportation."?

Nope - strictly transportation.

4. ....Are there Gen Mo'Kai? These are my favorite characters and yet I haven't seen them at all in any videos/pictures. =(

Didn't see any and I don't think we've heard that species mentioned at all.

5. How well are the vehicles balanced? Are they "different but equal" or mirror images w/ different models?

We played with an incomplete set: Goliath, Manta, Scorpion, Hellbender vs Darkwalker, Nemesis, and Viper. None of the Necris vehicles I played seemed to directly mirror any of the Axon vehicles. I'd say they did a real good job of coming up with unique characteristics. By far, the Necris vehicles were the most popular and fun to play.

6. Are there animations for picking up the flag?

Not sure what you mean? I didn't notice any additional animations (like the guy bending over and hoisting it over his back or anything).

7. How do the gibs look?

Messy!

Keep in mind too, that anything we saw in January could easily change before November. The bottom line is that the game that I played was a lot of fun. I could easily have sat there a few more hours and played that same map over and over again.

Comment

Lucky sob getting to play it!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply Hal

Only bad thing looks to be the red flare :P And hopefully that will be an option!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X