Epic Mods on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Mods on PS3

Honestly Epic you do realise if you want to make a mod on the PC then put it on the PS3 and play it you will need the following.

Gaming PC (£600 $1200)

PS3 (£400 $600)

Two Copy's of UT3 PS3 and PC version (£70 $90)

Not including memory sticks etc

Total = £1070 | $1890

I may of miscalculated the prices a bit but if your willing to pay out that money you have to have something wrong with your head even if you just go the PC version and a PC why would you bother making it able for PS3 owners to download onto the PS3.

This makes me wonder why they are releasing the PS3 version first and not the 360 version and saying the reason is because of the mods this obviously isn't going to work.

The E3 Gamespot interview with Jeff Morris states that they are trying to make it possible to mod WITHOUT a PC. Fret not, my console playing friend. They have you in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Flukie Lukie View Post
      Honestly Epic you do realise if you want to make a mod on the PC then put it on the PS3 and play it you will need the following.

Gaming PC (£600 $1200)

PS3 (£400 $600)

Two Copy's of UT3 (£70 $90)

Not including memory sticks etc

Total = £1070 | $1890

I may of miscalculated the prices a bit but if your willing to pay out that money you have to have something wrong with your head even if you just go the PC version and a PC why would you bother making it able for PS3 owners to download onto the PS3.

This makes me wonder why they are releasing the PS3 version first and not the 360 version and saying the reason is because of the mods this obviously isn't going to work.
      Thanks for the garbage thread. Looks like someone's a little green with jealousy. PS3 owners will be able to download and apply UT3 mods created by the PC community as well, so a gaming PC isn't required to use mods, just a storage medium and an internet connection. Considering the majority of modders already own a gaming PC, there shouldn't be a problem there either.

Comment

PS3 owners will be able to download and apply UT3 mods created by the PC community as well, so a gaming PC isn't required to use mods, just a storage medium and an internet connection
        still not confirmed

Comment

Also, you probably wont need a gaming PC, or necessarily even UT3 for PC to program for mods... With a pretty basic PC you should be able to download the SDK and write and probably compile code, then download it on your PS3 to test... it would probably not be the best workflow, but should work. And you can always have PC gamers do the mapping.

Comment

Originally posted by |kiwi| View Post
            still not confirmed
            False. Watch the video:

Unreal Tournament 3

,;,, ,,;,

Comment

Originally posted by |kiwi| View Post
              still not confirmed
              But made 99.9% sure by Mark Rein.

Comment

Working...