Blood on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood on screen

just watched the new trailer and noticed blood was whacked on the screen.
    I know this was put in gears but its sexy for a first person shooter.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XJdF_O0Xk5E

1:23-24 , quite hard to spot , looks cool.

Wow, nice catch. I agree that it looks pretty **** sexy. It sure will make those point blank flak hits even more fun!

Comment

ummm, that's absolutley terrible, I'm never going to use the impact hammer if it is going to obscure my view.

Comment

I assume epic have added the option to remove the blood on screen so there is nothing to worry about.

I think its kinda cool to be honest, but i hope there wont be the same effect with other weapons cuz in any other weapon then the Impact Hammer it can disturb the aiming so the eye-candy dosent worth it.

Comment

Don't mind it at all, doesn't effect me in Gears (although it's a pretty solid animation since you're fixedly sawing the guys in a single spot). As long as it's extremely brief it wouldn't bother me at all in UT3.

Comment

It will be disturbig for all the UTx series player since we are used to screenflashes, blood on screen is just a waste of FPS and it's confusing.

I hope screenflash will still be an option.

Comment

This is in 2k4 via the Bloody Hell mutator. I never leave that off of my game setup! I actually like the feeling of having to shake my view clear a bit after a close-in encounter. If I'm still under attack, it's defense time until my view clears up. Great fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                This is in 2k4 via the Bloody Hell mutator. I never leave that off of my game setup! I actually like the feeling of having to shake my view clear a bit after a close-in encounter. If I'm still under attack, it's defense time until my view clears up. Great fun!
                What setting is that? I must have missed it in the options.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHaZarD View Post
                  It will be disturbig for all the UTx series player since we are used to screenflashes, blood on screen is just a waste of FPS and it's confusing.

I hope screenflash will still be an option.
                  Actually I'm used to seeing nothing at all. Screenflashes REALLY get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                    What setting is that? I must have missed it in the options.
                    I think Bloody Hell is a mutator included with the Ballistic Weapons mod. Once you see this puppy in action, you'll never stop using it.

Comment

Remove this please. It does not make sense. Nobody is using a helmet with glass viewfinder.

I imagine that they are speaking about scene with blood seems to be in the monitor screen.

Comment

As long as it is fast and brief then I'm great with it. The last thing I want in the middle of a firefight is someone's innards on my screen for a couple of seconds.

Comment

As long as there is an option to turn it off I see no problem with it. Its an interesting extra to increase immersion, especially for people who will only ever play singleplayer. Would probably become distracting online though.

Comment

But it doesn't increase immersion.
                            If you get blood in your eyes it doesn't look like individual drops; your entire view becomes red and blurry. What we've seen in the trailer looks like getting blood on a glass visor, but none of the characters wears one of those as far as I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                              But it doesn't increase immersion.
                              If you get blood in your eyes it doesn't look like individual drops; your entire view becomes red and blurry. What we've seen in the trailer looks like getting blood on a glass visor, but none of the characters wears one of those as far as I've seen.
                              What about robotic characters, cyborgs or non-humans? We don't have a complete roster yet and the blood may work a bit different depending on your species. Maybe there'll be an option to allow you to pick how you want it to be, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X