Will vehicles still bounce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will vehicles still bounce?

the bouncing carcass of a manta or a hellbender have been the bane of many ONS and vCTF players. you kill the vehicle and it bounces around for a good 10 to 15 seconds before it settles and despawns but in that time it easily takes out 2 or 3 people. i hope to god that this is not the case with vehicles in UT3. anyone from epic care to comment since they have been so forthcoming these last 2 days

lol... I rofl whenever that happens.. ya.. and that sucks when it happens to me while I'm battling with someone else.

Comment

Noo, i love kamakazying my dead raptor into a tank, but i agree the manta should be made less bouncy on death, and more a thud, skid, stop. Oh and i hope the hellbender doesnt leap 10 stories into the air when destroyed lol.

Comment

Vehicles should bounce when moving at high speeds and exploding. Players getting killed by vehicle explosions or debris is a great part of the game. What's with all the safety nets everyone wants to put into the game?

Comment

think i've only been killed by that like.... 10 times ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
            Vehicles should bounce when moving at high speeds and exploding. Players getting killed by vehicle explosions or debris is a great part of the game. What's with all the safety nets everyone wants to put into the game?
            best example is the middle valley on torlan. a hellbender can litterally bounce around that thing for 30 seconds and crush everyone that spawns down there over and over again. it is quite annoying.

Comment

As i seen it trailer, destroyed vehicle wasnt bounce. It was a moment when player destroy manta with an Avril.

Comment

They're not as crazy over the top, but exploded vehicles blowing up/crushing players is part of what makes the vehicles UT so we're not going to get rid of it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
                  They're not as crazy over the top, but exploded vehicles blowing up/crushing players is part of what makes the vehicles UT so we're not going to get rid of it completely.
                  Good to hear you've toned it down, on another point has the heavy player damage/death received from so much as the slightest touch from a moving manta been altered? Even when trying to hijack one it's silly that you have to wait until it is absolutely stationary before jumping in.

Comment

Sounds perfect. Obviously its a fun part of the game and it should be there, just thought it was sometimes a little too rediculous.

Comment

as long as they arent as bad as they are in 2k4. thanks for the info though

Comment

Bouncy burning wreckage with a vengeance FTW.

Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
                        best example is the middle valley on torlan. a hellbender can litterally bounce around that thing for 30 seconds and crush everyone that spawns down there over and over again. it is quite annoying.
                        Then why try to spawn there over and over again?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                          Then why try to spawn there over and over again?
                          Can happen on those (silly) servers that have force respawn on in ONS. Unbelievable, but there are 2 or 3 EU servers that have this enabled. And they let you spawn at the nearest node towards the enemy core.

In the end it is not such a big problem... ...but if it is toned down, I am fine with it.

Comment

I love how the manta can just flip away when you blow it up, sometimes killing some people. Good fun tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by A_Spec View Post
                              I love how the manta can just flip away when you blow it up, sometimes killing some people. Good fun tbh.
                              A grounded Manta (own team) pushed by the Shock's knockback is also a weapon not to be underestimated.

Comment

Working...
                              X