Make Way for Midway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I don't know about this EMP business. Some more details would've been nice, like how long the effect lasts and how close you have to be to the vehicle for it to hit. I understand vehicle vs player balance but we seemed to manage pretty well in ONS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I think in ut2004 it wasn't the intention of the designers to get mantaruns. It was just something they hadn't forseen and now they can rip it out. I'm also one of those that didn't like them, so I'm glad when it won't be possible anymore. When players try to stand on the roof they should automatically glide into the schredders.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Morgenstern View Post
    SWEET JESUS they got rid of manta runs, this makes me so happy I could cry
    If this is true, i'm crying with you!
    Manta runs was the reason i kept away from VCTF.
    This would give me the reason to get back into VCTF.
    (If it's true.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intentsly View Post
    I really hope they changed it to something other than totally being like 2k4's. It was one of the reasons I never play 2k3/4. **** it! They were so bloody small you couldn't see the freakin things! UT99's you could see and you knew where the freakin thing was! Maybe they could make a 'bright' mod for it!
    ~
    As for charges, naah, it didn't need them in '99 doesn't need them now.

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)
    Can't say anything other than the fact they were easy as hell to see in both games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2k4 Xloc

I really hope they changed it to something other than totally being like 2k4's. It was one of the reasons I never play 2k3/4. **** it! They were so bloody small you couldn't see the freakin things! UT99's you could see and you knew where the freakin thing was! Maybe they could make a 'bright' mod for it!
    ~
    As for charges, naah, it didn't need them in '99 doesn't need them now.

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forums/index.php?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    did anyone recorded the video?? I can't see it now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lostsoul View Post
    If you are chasing a fc, the last thing you want to do is walk. The trans is what gives UT a fast pace in CTF.
    I fully agree with you man, the trans is the only way to catch up, i played ut1 allot and i liked it i didn't like the new tl strait away but it did take long to see how much easier it it to catch up to the flag carriers and get some more action..

what i wana know is, if in Ons/warfair the FC can ride the hover board, how are other players suppose to catch up????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Destini View Post
    pretty fking weak tbh mate...
    You wound me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Worlock View Post
    All of those things certainly helped ruin it, yes. CTF in 2k* is complete garbage, which is why everyone went to TDM. The 2k4 trans in most 2k4 maps isn't a huge problem, because most of the maps are several times larger than they need to be. In a massive cavernous map like Bridge of Fate it works because you can throw it 5 miles away.

UT3 is supposedly more "in your face" which means smaller, tighter maps and more up close gameplay. Try moving through a small indoor map in 2k4 with lots of turns with 6 t/l charges. You'lll find yourself walking a whole lot. That's not fun, or intense, or fast paced. To each their own I guess, but I lived CTF for years in UT, I do NOT want to see 8 people playing CTF in UT3 like it is in 2k4.
    Fair point, that's a good argument and now I do see where your coming from. Personally I still don't think it's a huge deal and I doubt the maps will be as tight as UT99 but thanks for giving a decent response, it all depends on how the maps are.

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    I have an opinion. All intelligent people agree with me. If you disagree with me you are unintelligent or unskilled. If I can not persuade you to change your opinion to more closely resemble mine then the problem is with you.

Blah blah blah ....

Not directed at anyone in particular... just the flavour of the day it seems.
    pretty fking weak tbh mate...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    blah blah blah. i don't care!! :P

PC 4tw. This will do a nice job of splitting the community though :?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gamespot writeup:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?si...pslot;action;3

As part of Sony’s annual press conference here at E3 2007, the company revealed that Epic’s Unreal Tournament 3 would be coming exclusively to the PlayStation 3 this November. While that sounds like a real bummer for PC owners, you need to remember that, for whatever reason, the console makers seem to forget that the PC exists. So the game will be releasing on the PlayStation 3 and the PC this November. Regardless of all that, Midway brought the PlayStation 3 version to Sony’s press conference, and we got a chance to play this long-awaited first-person shooter on its new console home.

This first-person shooter appears to be running quite well on the PlayStation 3, with plenty of graphical detail from top to bottom, all running at a good, firm frame rate. The demo station we saw was running a standard deathmatch against bots, allowing us to get a good feel for the controls. R1 and L1 handle your primary and alternate fire. R2 is used for dodging, something that required you to double tap the movement keys on the PC. Epic’s Jeff Morris, who was on hand to talk about the game, commented that he’s been dodging much more frequently on the PS3 due to this easy-to-use controller mapping.

Aside from the PS3 version looking to be on par with the PC version, the other key thing to know is that the PS3 version of the game will have support for mods and other user-created content, in a way that sounds like it will be a first for consoles. Mods built for the PC version will work on the PS3 version of the game. Right now, Epic is testing this functionality by copying the content onto a memory stick and then copying that to the PS3 hard drive, but they’re hoping to get the PC removed from that equation and make mod and map downloading a part of the PS3 version. To speed up loading overall, the game can be completely installed to the PS3 hard drive, but you’ll still need to have the disc in the drive for copy protection purposes.

To hear Epic describe it, the differences between the PS3 and PC versions are few, and aside from the controller differences, the two versions do look quite similar. For one, the game will implement Sixaxis tilt control for steering the hoverboard or piloting the redeemer missile, which is a super weapon that you can steer into targets. Game speed and the size of collision areas are also being adjusted a bit to better tune the game for gamepads.

Overall, the PlayStation 3 version looks pretty impressive, and the thought of mod support just might make it a viable alternative for a series that’s primarily thought of as a PC franchise. It’ll be interesting to see how the two versions stack up when they hit stores this November.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you are chasing a fc, the last thing you want to do is walk. The trans is what gives UT a fast pace in CTF.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Spider Mines follow the laser of the Avril Dont tell me they're back..ahrrh!

2. What he said:
    Originally posted by Destini View Post
    ffs... what the hell is wrong with the UT2004 trans? How can it possibly 'ruin' CTF?
    I dont get the big deal of limiting the translocator, it just means the whole match isnt a bunch of blurs flying past each other the whole time. Small map with tight corridoors? Run through them! Adrenaline was more the problem with ctf.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All of those things certainly helped ruin it, yes. CTF in 2k* is complete garbage, which is why everyone went to TDM. The 2k4 trans in most 2k4 maps isn't a huge problem, because most of the maps are several times larger than they need to be. In a massive cavernous map like Bridge of Fate it works because you can throw it 5 miles away.

UT3 is supposedly more "in your face" which means smaller, tighter maps and more up close gameplay. Try moving through a small indoor map in 2k4 with lots of turns with 6 t/l charges. You'lll find yourself walking a whole lot. That's not fun, or intense, or fast paced. To each their own I guess, but I lived CTF for years in UT, I do NOT want to see 8 people playing CTF in UT3 like it is in 2k4.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X