Make Way for Midway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blah blah blah. i don't care!! :P

PC 4tw. This will do a nice job of splitting the community though :?

Comment

Originally posted by Worlock View Post
      All of those things certainly helped ruin it, yes. CTF in 2k* is complete garbage, which is why everyone went to TDM. The 2k4 trans in most 2k4 maps isn't a huge problem, because most of the maps are several times larger than they need to be. In a massive cavernous map like Bridge of Fate it works because you can throw it 5 miles away.

UT3 is supposedly more "in your face" which means smaller, tighter maps and more up close gameplay. Try moving through a small indoor map in 2k4 with lots of turns with 6 t/l charges. You'lll find yourself walking a whole lot. That's not fun, or intense, or fast paced. To each their own I guess, but I lived CTF for years in UT, I do NOT want to see 8 people playing CTF in UT3 like it is in 2k4.
      Fair point, that's a good argument and now I do see where your coming from. Personally I still don't think it's a huge deal and I doubt the maps will be as tight as UT99 but thanks for giving a decent response, it all depends on how the maps are.

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
      I have an opinion. All intelligent people agree with me. If you disagree with me you are unintelligent or unskilled. If I can not persuade you to change your opinion to more closely resemble mine then the problem is with you.

Blah blah blah ....

Not directed at anyone in particular... just the flavour of the day it seems.
      pretty fking weak tbh mate...

Comment

Originally posted by Destini View Post
        pretty fking weak tbh mate...
        You wound me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsoul View Post
          If you are chasing a fc, the last thing you want to do is walk. The trans is what gives UT a fast pace in CTF.
          I fully agree with you man, the trans is the only way to catch up, i played ut1 allot and i liked it i didn't like the new tl strait away but it did take long to see how much easier it it to catch up to the flag carriers and get some more action..

what i wana know is, if in Ons/warfair the FC can ride the hover board, how are other players suppose to catch up????

Comment

did anyone recorded the video?? I can't see it now

Comment

http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forums/index.php?

Comment

2k4 Xloc

I really hope they changed it to something other than totally being like 2k4's. It was one of the reasons I never play 2k3/4. **** it! They were so bloody small you couldn't see the freakin things! UT99's you could see and you knew where the freakin thing was! Maybe they could make a 'bright' mod for it!
                ~
                As for charges, naah, it didn't need them in '99 doesn't need them now.

Intentsly
                (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
                  I really hope they changed it to something other than totally being like 2k4's. It was one of the reasons I never play 2k3/4. **** it! They were so bloody small you couldn't see the freakin things! UT99's you could see and you knew where the freakin thing was! Maybe they could make a 'bright' mod for it!
                  ~
                  As for charges, naah, it didn't need them in '99 doesn't need them now.

Intentsly
                  (UT99~ [--]Torturia)
                  Can't say anything other than the fact they were easy as hell to see in both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgenstern View Post
                    SWEET JESUS they got rid of manta runs, this makes me so happy I could cry
                    If this is true, i'm crying with you!
                    Manta runs was the reason i kept away from VCTF.
                    This would give me the reason to get back into VCTF.
                    (If it's true.)

Comment

Well I think in ut2004 it wasn't the intention of the designers to get mantaruns. It was just something they hadn't forseen and now they can rip it out. I'm also one of those that didn't like them, so I'm glad when it won't be possible anymore. When players try to stand on the roof they should automatically glide into the schredders.

Comment

I don't know about this EMP business. Some more details would've been nice, like how long the effect lasts and how close you have to be to the vehicle for it to hit. I understand vehicle vs player balance but we seemed to manage pretty well in ONS.

Comment

Working...
                        X