Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Rocket Launcher...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Launcher...

Just thinking, maybe it isn't such a great idea to have the rocket launcher have the hold mechanism. Loading up all those rockets and hold them for the perfect shot? I think that would spell a lot of spam, personaly I would prefer the old way of instant fire upon reaching the final loadup. I understand that it helps the user but if you can't time it, don't load it! Just my little rant I guess.

You can't hold them for the perfect shot from what I've read. Where is this information coming from?

Comment

Yes you can and its a good idea.. This info came frm the videos.. you can clearly see the rockets are held (only when firing 3 rockets) in the vids.

Anyway its a good idea.. but i do see your point.. people will pre load the rockets just in case they meet an enemy and they would already have 3 ready to go... still it is handy... and if you do that you wont be able to translocate anywhere unless your fire..

Comment

I think willhaven said you can only hold it for a beat... not for long.

We'll see.

Comment

Yeah you got about one second to find a target.

Comment

Ok, some reason I got to thinking it was much longer, one beat is liveable enough. Or not

Comment

i think you can hold them for a second or 2. just the time for you to notice that it's finally loaded and not kill yourself with the instant firing in the wall

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
                I think that would spell a lot of spam, personaly I would prefer the old way of instant fire upon reaching the final loadup.
                Disagree, many times I find myself letting lose 3 wild rockets because the target has gone, killed by some one else, or just the situation changes making my shot useless and a waste.
                I also find spamming myself, not watching my ammo and only having 1 or 2 rockets left and pre-firing, which is really anoying.

I would prefer a hold time, say like the charge bar in UT2kx counts down to firing time. Maybe 30 secs or so.
                Or maybe a count down to overload, blowing up in ya face.

UT99 rocket hold, with a short wait.

Comment

I always load 2 rockets on my way to the Manta/Raptor, so that I instantly fire a threat at my opponent when I need to get out of the Manta/Raptor.

With possible 3 Rockets in UT3 it is even more dangerous.

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...1#post24805361

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
                    You can hold onto 3 rockets for a quick moment. Pretty much enough to realize they have loaded and to aim them where you want them to go before you accidentally shoot them all into a wall.
                    Just thought I'd post that 'cause I'm avoiding real work.

Comment

What about if you have two rockets loaded and theres no more ammo? Will it instantly fire like it did in previosly?

Comment

Originally posted by Pendrokar View Post
                        What about if you have two rockets loaded and theres no more ammo? Will it instantly fire like it did in previosly?
                        I think the rocket launcher just explodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                          Disagree, many times I find myself letting lose 3 wild rockets because the target has gone, killed by some one else, or just the situation changes making my shot useless and a waste.
                          I also find spamming myself, not watching my ammo and only having 1 or 2 rockets left and pre-firing, which is really anoying.
                          These are all examples of not using the weapon within its designs. The fact you waste ammo is a tactical tradeoff you make when you decide to load more than one rocket. It's simple risk versus reward. Pre-firing due to ammo is just you not watching the ammo count. Killing yourself in this way is just a compound mistake.

The RL is fine the way it is. But it won't play the game for you to keep you safe and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pendrokar View Post
                            It would act as if it had loaded three rockets. It would pause the same way for a quick moment.

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
                              It would act as if it had loaded three rockets. It would pause the same way for a quick moment.
                              so no more kamikazee for those of us too blind to look at our ammo? SWEET

Comment

Working...
                              X