Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brightskins ON

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brightskins ON

    In the new video, we can clearly see brightskins (in mantas scenes). Or maybe it's just a way to identify friends or foes in mantas...

    We also see a bright blue gauntlet in this one...
    BS1
    BS2
    Red gauntlet too...
    BS3

    DoubleDamage?!
    DD

    vCTF?!
    Red guy running for that green pole...notice the brightskins of the red dude gets brighter as he get hit...
    vCTF

    #2
    I saw them, I doubt they are brightskins though..

    Willhaven, prove me wrong.

    Comment


      #3
      Or maybe they made the skins brighter, so you can see your a opponent a bit better, and so no one has to make an actual mod for it?

      This game is looking to be very good, cant wait to see how the community comes together.

      Comment


        #4
        i ithnk the pole is a light post

        Comment


          #5
          that green poll is the weapons locker, and i don't see any problem with the player skins.... the characters in the manta could be bright because they may be orb carriers, this makes them brighter because the the emitted light as willhaven has said

          Comment


            #6
            Or maybe it's just the video compression that is making the colors look that way. Considering that the environments are subdued colors, it is difficult to determine if the skins are actually brighter than "normal".

            Comment


              #7
              nice finds :>

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                Or maybe it's just the video compression that is making the colors look that way. Considering that the environments are subdued colors, it is difficult to determine if the skins are actually brighter than "normal".
                http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/180_1.php

                Somethings I figured I should highlight from the article.

                Link Gun - "...in functionality, to its Unreal Tournament state. That is to say, it still retains its healing abilities towards vehicles, but the primary fire is smaller and faster and the secondary is pretty much an arrow-straight beam of finite length."

                Shock Rifle - "The primary fire beam seems slightly slower than that of the 2004 version and the secondary cores seem a little faster and smaller."

                Flak - "The primary is the same, though the secondary has a much shorter arc."

                Rox - "The biggest things to note about this iteration of the weapon are the slower rocket speed."

                "...weapons seem to be a step in the right direction to move this series away from the hide and seek long-range affair that it had fallen into"
                "I can tell you that double-jumps and wall dodges are in at this point..."

                I had no trouble, at any time, discerning my enemy from across the map. In addition to the return of the ability to feign death

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                  [...]the characters in the manta could be bright because they may be orb carriers, this makes them brighter because the the emitted light as willhaven has said
                  Maybe, but in some scene, there's to many orb carrier then...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Xellos View Post
                    http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/180_1.php

                    Somethings I figured I should highlight from the article.
                    I read that article some time ago when it was first posted. But, what I was referring to was the issue of "brightskins". If you view some of the high-res screenies, you will see that team colors on appropriate portion are more vivid and have better colorfill, thus making the skins more easily seen without making the entire model glow in the dark bright.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      i love bright skins honestly. make my tired ole eyes work less hehe.

                      oh and i love the Peace Sign on the avril launcher. pretty nice touch

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Xellos View Post
                        Or maybe they made the skins brighter, so you can see your a opponent a bit better, and so no one has to make an actual mod for it?
                        People are so used to pink glowing neon **** that they will want a mod even if Brightskins are fine.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X