Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timed Exclusive... What about your loyal PC fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously Epic, why the 2 knives in the back, could you announce something? wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by KanoBlade View Post
      Seriously Epic, why the 2 knives in the back, could you announce something? wtf?
      What specifically are you looking for?

Comment

An announcement on the current status of UT3 on the 360, and whether or not User Created Maps and Mods can be used on the 360 version as well.

Comment

I don't speak for Epic, but from what I've read:

The current status is easily implied; it won't be ready for November '07.

The Maps and Mods thing is quite possibly in Microsoft's hands, not Epic's.

I know it sucks.

They won't say anything until they actually have answers. The two questions are likely interdependent... both will require negotiation with Microsoft, and thus both are things they can't discuss.

Sorry.

Comment

Yeah, i'm glad Epic delayed the 360 version, it will hopefully show microsoft how important user created content is compared to their overpriced crappacks we have to pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by KanoBlade View Post
              Yeah, i'm glad Epic delayed the 360 version, it will hopefully show microsoft how important user created content is compared to their overpriced crappacks we have to pay for.
              That's actually a really good point. If the user-created content really takes off on the PS3 and it becomes obvious that this is something players want, Microsoft might actually change their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by OverloadUT View Post
                I'd like to know if there will be native 4 team support this time around, or if I am going to have to hack the code to hell again to make CTF4.
                I supported CTF4 in all of my player models for UT 2004. If you have to code it yourself again, I'll still support it as long as nothing weird prevents me.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  And Mr. Rein, could we expect any announcement regarding why the xbox 360 version is coming later than the pc/ps3 versions, and maybe and actual time stamp for the 360 version? Tomorrow at midway's stand?

It would be appreciated by many let down fans currentlly i believe.

Cheers,
                  Marcus.
                  Apparently because the PS3 and PC allow for mods, they're probably trying to wait a while until they can do something for the the 360 version because, as of right now, there is no way of getting these mods to the 360 except through Xboxlive(they said with the PC and PS3 version, they can be transferred to the PS3 from PC via memory stick or downloaded straight from the browsers) which would take developers weeks to do, they'll probably wait a few months until some mods are created and ship them with the 360 version.

Comment

It's going to be funny when the XBox players discover that the PC and PS3 versions offer far more gaming options than what they'll get on the XBox.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                      And Mr. Rein, could we expect any announcement regarding why the xbox 360 version is coming later than the pc/ps3 versions, and maybe and actual time stamp for the 360 version? Tomorrow at midway's stand?

It would be appreciated by many let down fans currentlly i believe.

Cheers,
                      Marcus.
                      http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...t.php?id=10734

Comment

Originally posted by Interview from last link
                        What about the 360 version?

Rein: To bring mods to 360, we're going to have to make some serious changes.

So you're not going to include them?

Rein: Oh, it's going to happen but 360 is a closed system so we have to work with Microsoft on that.
                        Oh well, at least a tiny bit off good news in a rubble off bad news i guess...

Comment

So will UT3 be available for the Wii? Cuz I have a Wii and if Epic hasn't made a copy for the Wii... Well Epic sux! LMFAO!!! J/K BTW...

I really don't own a Wii. I'm a PC gamer all the way! Just getting tired of hearing these xboxers cry! Geesh get over it you 360 nut jobs!

Once again can't wait till Nov.

Comment

Working...
                          X