Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timed Exclusive... What about your loyal PC fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timed Exclusive... What about your loyal PC fans?

I normally don't go off about this sort of thing, but this is just an injustice, of... well, "Epic" proportions.

Since the announcement of this game years ago, I have been looking forward to playing it. I've always been a big fan of Unreal Tournament, and have every one of the games. The beautiful screenshots that have trickled down the pipe have done nothing short of increasing my (and most likely millions of others) interest in the game, modding it, and of course, playing it.

So reading on Joystiq today that UT2007 / UT3 will be a timed exclusive... for a CONSOLE... just leaves me with disbelief. I refuse to believe that this game has found more players in it's limited success with consoles than on the PC, and I am disappointed with Epic for both their lack of respect for those of us who have stuck with them on the PC front over the years, and for their selling out, letting a company like Sony use their hard work as a mere feather in it's cap.

This is disappointing on multiple levels, Epic. Not only do I have to wait longer than I should to play this game, but now it'll likely be dumbed down and limited in what we can do with mods, just so the PS3, a failing venture, can be a supported platform. I guess this is the power of the almighty buck, and I hope it was worth the loss of your PC fans.

It's coming out on the PC at the same time as PS3... only the XBOX 360 people get to complain.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/un...ml?sid=6174170

Comment

Why don't you try actually reading the forum before posting.

Comment

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/un...-wi/1#c5897937

At their E3 2007 press conference today, Sony confirmed that Epic's Unreal Tournament 3 will be a timed exclusive for the PlayStation 3, coming out this year only for the Sony console -- guess they didn't have to buy it. Also confirmed (and very exciting) is the ability to share mods between the PS3 and PC versions. When the PC version comes out next year, at least.

Comment

Well, that proves it I guess..... ROFL.

Comment

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/un...ml?sid=6174170

Mark Rein took the stage to announce that Unreal Tournament III will be exclusive to the PS3 and PC when it is released later this year, and it will allow the importations of mods made for the PC version to the PS3. That exclusivity will remain until "early 2008," when an Xbox 360 version will be released.

Comment

What?!?!no Pc Version This Year?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Cbotronv5 View Post
                What?!?!no Pc Version This Year?!?!?!
                Untrue. Mr. Miller got it wrong.

Comment

When they say "exclusive" they mean a console exclusive which means no other console this year. The exclusivity does not affect the PC versions in any way. Our plan is to ship on PC and PlayStation 3 this November. After all how would people bring those great mods over from the PC to the PS3 if we didn't ship the PC version?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                    When they say "exclusive" they mean a console exclusive which means no other console this year. The exclusivity does not affect the PC versions in any way. Our plan is to ship on PC and PlayStation 3 this November. After all how would people bring those great mods over from the PC to the PS3 if we didn't ship the PC version?

And Mr. Rein, could we expect any announcement regarding why the xbox 360 version is coming later than the pc/ps3 versions, and maybe and actual time stamp for the 360 version? Tomorrow at midway's stand?

It would be appreciated by many let down fans currentlly i believe.

Cheers,
                    Marcus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                      thank you for the great response!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                        And Mr. Rein, could we expect any announcement regarding why the xbox 360 version is coming later than the pc/ps3 versions, and maybe and actual time stamp for the 360 version? Tomorrow at midway's stand?

Cheers,
                        Marcus.
                        I think the "why" is pretty obvious. UT3 was always going to be for the PC and PS3 and the 360 version was decided much later. Epic is giving Sony an exclusive for the holiday season for the PS3.

Sony needs it far more then MS does.

Comment

Somewhere

Originally posted by marcus View Post

Cheers,
                          Marcus.
                          Somewhere I believe its been said it will be in Q1 of 2k8 for 360. 360 does not rule the universe! Don't worry, you'll still be able to play the PC demo on your computer til the 360 version comes out Heck, they might even get a 360 demo out before the end of the year! Cross your fingers!

Intentsly
                          (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Hey, just get a ps 3!!! Surely a serious console player can afford two consoles. My two video cards cost more than a ps 3 and an xbox 360 combined, and I've still got to get a 400 dollar processor 200 dollars worth of ram, 200 for a mb and 200 for a case and etc, etc , etc.Sometimes even Microsoft gets the short end of the stick!!!

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
                              Somewhere I believe its been said it will be in Q1 of 2k8 for 360. 360 does not rule the universe! Don't worry, you'll still be able to play the PC demo on your computer til the 360 version comes out Heck, they might even get a 360 demo out before the end of the year! Cross your fingers!

Intentsly
                              (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Oh don't worry they are crossed.

Lol, trust me bummerman, i own way more than 1 console.

Anyways, 2 am coming up, time to go to bed, goodnight all, enjoy your discussions.

Cheers,
                              Marcus.

Comment

Working...
                              X