UT3 Japan release + questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Japan release + questions

I will be in Japan for a year starting in September and I have a few questions concerning UT3 in Japan. I know due to the distance (high ping) I will not be able to play with most people in the US but what about Japan and South Korea. How many people there play UT?

I am buying a new tablet pc so there is no way I can run it on that. I will have to go to game centers to play it for like 3 bucks an hour unless I can build a pc over there after I get some money.

Is the release date the same in Japan as it is here? Is the game coded in Unicode where I can simply switch the language to English or do they only ship Japanese only versions to Japan\South Korea?

Thanks for the info.

I know UT2004 has full unicode support that was used to support non-roman characters in localised versions, so there's a good chance UT3 will also allow you to switch languages without trouble.
    It all depends on whether the japanese version ships with the international localisation files. Considering the version I have (the international version) has full support for Korean, I think the version shipped in Korea will also have the english files ('cause it's likely to be the same DVD with a different default installation language) but I don't seem to have any japanese localisation.
    Additionally, the only way to switch language in UT2004 seems to be editing the INI files, so if UT3 is like that, it may be a problem if you can only play the game in gaming centers.

Comment

At worse you could always import an US copy of the game, that is if you are able to.

Comment

That's not going to help if you can't play it on your own PC.
        I doubt the owner of a gaming center will let you install your own games on the PCs there.

Comment

They should have it available in Akiba (Akihabara)

Comment

Working...
          X