Shards plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the trailer

Seems to me that the trailer may have some digi-enhanced parts, since it seems to switch to moments of actual play that are a lot clearer than others.

I'm just not convinced anything is wrong. Remember, they can fix things, but lets not "fix" the fun out of the game you've not had your hands on yet!

11/07 FTW!

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

In real life when your grinding metal you see a glowing trail.. this is the real effect and it looks neat, i just hope the chunks make the same sound as they did when they bounced around in UT1...
      Ps i didn't like the trails that were introduced in ut2k4 but now im use to it and it adds to the effect.. It is also a real life effect

Comment

Hey now let's not get too ambitious here. All I'm saying is that in the video they look more like plasma balls than they do flak shards. Let's just keep things to that k?

Comment

Roger!

Originally posted by TWD View Post
          Hey now let's not get too ambitious here. All I'm saying is that in the video they look more like plasma balls than they do flak shards. Let's just keep things to that k?
          I see what you're saying, but I guess they are white hot metal balls instead of energy, that will hopefully be deflectable around corners
          Though I would like to see them be a bit more jagged looking, and not come out so uniformly.

But, we'll see, so long as it provides its purpose with proper functionality, I'm all in!

Intentsly
          (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

bring teh oldschool flak back plz

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
              In real life when your grinding metal you see a glowing trail.. this is the real effect and it looks neat,
              Yes True, but the trail only lasts for a split second, and we only see the trail because our eyes work too slow to see the super heated metal move so quick. Thats real life. But as with all version of UTx we'll get use to it.

Comment

They're "ionized flechettes", according to the UT2004 (or is that UT2 now?) description. Hence the glow, because in game land, ions, "layzurs", and particles always have a bright constrasting color.

Comment

The rounded flack 'balls' were the only thing i didnt like in that video, i prefer the chunks like in the first gameplay video they showed. Also i dont mind the trails it helps you see who's flakking you.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                    They're "ionized flechettes", according to the UT2004 (or is that UT2 now?) description. Hence the glow, because in game land, ions, "layzurs", and particles always have a bright constrasting color.
                    They glow because they're really hot. Things tend to start glowing from 1000K and upwards, and that's not just in "game land".
                    In UT2004 the trail was too long and bright compared to the glow of the chunks themselves, but I feel it looks about right in the UT3 movies.

Comment

But only in game land are glowing things surrounded by a neon pink ball of light.

Comment

Colourblind? That seems like yellow to me, indicating they're about 2000K.
                        I agree the bloom's a bit exaggerated though.

Comment

Early vids had pink auras and yellow tracers for total Mario Candyland silliness.

Comment

I think they look so because its video trailer, in game it would look different.

Comment

Was that supposed to make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                                Early vids had pink auras and yellow tracers for total Mario Candyland silliness.
                                Ah, wasn't aware of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X