Shards plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shards plz!

Right now due to the glow around the flak cannon shards it looks like the thing is shooting out plasma balls. Just doesn't look right to me.

I agree. Just chunks of metal, please!

Comment

+1 for metal shards !

Comment

+1.. metal shard > plasma balls

Comment

+1 from me as well. A very good proposal. Should be easy to fix, I believe. Epic should go for it. There's already so much HDR-overkill present, at least the shards could be left like they were. Ok, on the other hand, some maps seem to be quite dark, maybe that's why every projectile has a glow: You wouldn't see them coming otherwise. If that is the reason for the glow, it should at least be toned down.

Comment

They look a lot better than they did in UT2004 IMO, where they looked like laserbeams.
            Remember, these things are REALLY hot. So hot that you'd expect the shards to look like plasma.

Comment

True, it ain't a shotgun either, even though it acts like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                They look a lot better than they did in UT2004 IMO, where they looked like laserbeams.
                Remember, these things are REALLY hot. So hot that you'd expect the shards to look like plasma.
                Seconded. I think they are still chunks of metal but now bigger and brighter. If they bounce on walls and sound like real metal shrapnel, I'm ok, but if not.... BOYCOTT NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKing View Post
                  Seconded. I think they are still chunks of metal but now bigger and brighter. If they bounce on walls and sound like real metal shrapnel, I'm ok, but if not.... BOYCOTT NOW!!!
                  Go ahead, gives me a higher chance of getting the game early.

Comment

The UT99 are better, glow when fired then fade quicky away. Thats how they should be. Super Heated Metal.
                    Glad they got rid of the shard trailer.

Comment

never thought it looked that good in UT99 tbh

Comment

Don't forget the Unreal Universe.

Please, read your manuals (specially the ut2k4 manual, there is a PDF within the game folders) and read how they describe the shards. So, I think that that brilliant shards are ok.

Comment

It does say the flak cannon shoots white hot metal chunks out

Comment

White hot metal doesn't leave trails that are super-bright while the metal itself is dull black. The streaks are also three times as wide as the chunks; it's just effect overkill. The UT1 FC fired white-hot scraps that faded in a second to their cooler black look. Plus, the old FC shrapnel bounced and clattered metallically. Way better.

Also, the original FC chunks lost momentum more realistically. Can't the weapon just shoot out physics-controlled chunks, and let them bounce as physics dictate? This one-bounce **** is really lame.

Comment

It seems from the trailer (maybe my perception is incorrect):
                              1.they may be fired as a very symmetrical spread (possibly with some player input to that?)

2. There are far less of them, way bigger.

3.They emit a lot of light

4.They seem to travel following a straight line, like in a formation.

I'm a flak monkey, the game is looking really awesome, but...
                              I say: please NO!
                              1.No.
                              2.No.
                              3.No.
                              4.No.
                              OMGEPICPLZFIXX!1!!!!1!!11!!

Comment

Working...
                              X