Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game seems awesome, but one thing needs fixing, IMHO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
    If we didn't do that, then the projectile wouldn't come from the center of the screen in first person, and you'd have discrepancies like you do with 3P camera aiming. Be careful what you wish for
    Yup, it'd be one way or the other so long as we have seperate 1st person weapon models.
    It'd be nice if games actually started working so that what you see in 1st person is actually the same as 3rd person, only with the camera in the character's head. You know, like in the real world.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If we didn't do that, then the projectile wouldn't come from the center of the screen in first person, and you'd have discrepancies like you do with 3P camera aiming. Be careful what you wish for
    :/ Any chance for a client or server side setting or mutator with projectiles coming out of the weapon instead of out of the head?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, Wyeth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^ yeah sory bout that i replayed strait after reading the prob, hadn't seen Epics coment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wyeth View Post
    I don't think you guys need to worry about this particular issue
    Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
    That still shouldn't show the skin as pure black, there are clearly no highlights
    You've already got your answer on this by Epic! Let it go lad!

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    did the other UT games do it this way??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, ok, good to know. Well, its not really a problem with projectiles. As long as it doesn't happen with hitscan weapons I guess I can totally live with it.

With Hitscans, this can be prevented easily:
    The game just needs to draw the effect on a line between the tip of the weapon attachment to the hit location for everyone else but the weapon wielder, who sees the traceline from his perspective instead. Just requires a little clientside graphics adjustment:
    Technically, it would mean that there are two bones: weapon_tip_1st und weapon_tip_3rd. The server gets the message "player1 shot at hitlocation with shock rifle" and tells every client, except the guy who fired the shot (usually referred to as instigator in uscript), to draw a shock-effect between player1.weapon_tip_3rd und hitlocation. For the instigator, it's weapon_tip_1st instead of 3rd from where the effect to hitlocation will be drawn. Really easy to pull off and a major graphical advance for every weapon and vehicle that fires hitscan-beams. In UT2004, even lightning gun shots emerged from the player's heads. Could've looked that much better if it would've been solved like this...
    So, did you think about that this time around, Epic?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well said!

Thank you!
    I'm not goin there, I's likin it as it is!

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heyqule View Post
    I watched it frame by frame with WMP's play speed setting.. And the projectile is firing from the character's head instead of the gun lol...
    Agreed.

Not that it's something I'd notice ingame... but since we've got nothing else to do until November....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By all means let's nitpick the trailer to death

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
    Your crazy, lol you watch this video in slow motion or something?

Hes in the air falling down it looks like, meaning the fire point was higher at release. Would be nice to know what video and time this happened to see more before and after.
    I watched it frame by frame with WMP's play speed setting.. And the projectile is firing from the character's head instead of the gun lol...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Doc Shock View Post
    Good to know, thanks for the comment.
    But how about this one:
    [shot]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2096/notagainjm5.png[/shot]
    Your crazy, lol you watch this video in slow motion or something?

Hes in the air falling down it looks like, meaning the fire point was higher at release. Would be nice to know what video and time this happened to see more before and after.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya... if you use the speed setting in WMP.. You can see the projectile is fired from the character's head lol...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thats a good one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X