Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game seems awesome, but one thing needs fixing, IMHO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game seems awesome, but one thing needs fixing, IMHO.

[shot]http://www.fuegerstef.de/temp/lit.jpg[/shot]

one frame later:

[shot]http://www.fuegerstef.de/temp/unlit.jpg[/shot]

Suddenly the character is pitchblack. Shoulderlights didn't work out well in UT2003, so I hope the lighting is fixed for proper visibility, because I do not want glowskins.
    And I am also not talking about being black in unlit areas. But proper lighting in lit areas.

But I am sure EPIC will take care of it.

Hopefuly that kind of stuff will be fixed by launch!
    That's pretty obvious from those screenies.

Reminds of what happened from ut2k3 to ut2k4 on the map DM-Compressed
    in 2k3, it was perfect.. something happened in 2k4 to make the skins often appear very dark, or even black, making the map unplayable.

Comment

All credit ,it looks very good ,dare I say close to Crysis. One thing though, I hope it ships with a balanced map package featuring many bright sunlit and/or desert like environments, so that not all the map locations feel like some depressing blade runner-esk shadowy dystopia.

Comment

What the hell is your problem man check again the video you will notice that the lights are off only after the character is dead ( you can see him falls ), and its actually better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
          Suddenly the character is pitchblack. Shoulderlights didn't work out well in UT2003, so I hope the lighting is fixed for proper visibility, because I do not want glowskins.
          And I am also not talking about being black in unlit areas. But proper lighting in lit areas.

But I am sure EPIC will take care of it.

yeah,

i noticed that too..
          but, look at the globs, they are black in the center, i think they are turning the dead body into a black corpse.
          ®

Comment

Originally posted by Madridista View Post
            What the hell is your problem man check again the video you will notice that the lights are off only after the character is dead ( you can see him falls ), and its actually better that way.
            the problem is that it's black when there are some lights around. he should at least have the environment's lighning.

game looks amazing anyway

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl View Post
              the problem is that it's black when there are some lights around. he should at least have the environment's lighning.

game looks amazing anyway

maybe the globs are little black holes, sucking off all lights
              ®

Comment

Originally posted by MuLuNGuS View Post
                turning the dead body into a black corpse.
                Quite possible, as the BioRifle looks like a necris weapons now - so maybe it has something to do with this whole 'nanoblack' thing... Or it is just a graphic glitch caused by applying too dramatic lighting to the characters

Comment

Originally posted by Madridista View Post
                  They are not out. Look at the floor maybe???

Comment

They are not out. Look at the floor maybe???
                    Use logic please, it was unbelievably obvious he wasn't referring to the scenery lightning.

Comment

On closer inspection, it seems the body disintegrates in green goop right after dying. I think this is a biorifle-death effect.

If you're going to ask for a fix, complain about the fog. Why is everything so **** foggy? (edit: not all of the locations are as bad; it seems to be mostly the indoor environments)

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                        On closer inspection, it seems the body disintegrates in green goop right after dying. I think this is a biorifle-death effect.

If you're going to ask for a fix, complain about the fog. Why is everything so **** foggy? (edit: not all of the locations are as bad; it seems to be mostly the indoor environments)
                        If you are right it looks not on par with the rest of the effects. It should, IMHO, be something like the de-res effect for the vehicels, just in green. Like a layer of green slime slowly covering the whole body.
                        Currently it just looks like the player is switched to unlit quite similar how the glowskins are switched off on death in TAM/UTComp.

Comment

If you are right it looks not on par with the rest of the effects. It should, IMHO, be something like the de-res effect for the vehicels, just in green. Like a layer of green slime slowly covering the whole body.
                          It is. The player just turns completely black right before it happens for some reason.
                          I agree it doesn't look pretty.

Comment

He's not very much more black than the left balcony in the shades, I'd rather think it's due to the video compression (which also removes the shoulderlights to decrease details) - as you see it can't even show black, it's dull gray.

Comment

Video compression doesn't make someone look bright and sharp in 20 frames, then suddenly almost completely black (and still sharp) in the following 20 frames. This is a high resolution movie compressed with (I assume near-optimal VBR) H264. If you see something happen, it's likely because that's what happened in the original uncompressed video, not because of some compression artifact.

Comment

Working...
                              X